Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR is born, here your wishes, suggestions and heads-up!
RE: OSCAR is born, here your wishes, suggestions and heads-up!
For reporting issues, please give as much detail as possible.

First, if you're still using OSCAR 1.0.0, please upgrade to OSCAR 1.0.1, which fixed some issues.

Second, please report your Operating System and version, and whether it's 32 or 64 bit.

Third, if something is amiss, please describe in detail what happened, with screenshots if possible.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I was able to install v1.0.1 over v1.0.0-beta-8 without any apparent problem. I’m using windows 10 v1809, 64 bit and installed the 64bit version of OSCAR. The font on the welcome page and statistics page is much smaller than in beta 8, although the fonts on the daily pages are just right. Attempts to enlarge the font size on the welcome and statistics pages results in fonts much too large on the daily page. Also the reminder that pops up when closing the program disappears too quickly to permit reading. These, of course, are minor issues. I have yet to import data from my SD card. There are some small discrepancies in about 20% of the migrated daily data between SleepyHead and OSCAR. (e.g. AHI .38 vs .42). -again, minor.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2019, 01:50 PM)AlanE Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 12:33 PM)edfreeman Wrote: One thing that always bugged me about my sleepyhead and now the Oscar installation.  I use a FlashAir card in my machine and a synchronization program in my computer that keeps the machine's data copied over to an SD card in the computer.  I then read the data directly from the computer SD card.  Sleepyhead/Oscar automatically detects SD cards and found the Flashair card on the network, and it is slow going if I'm not paying attention.  

When I click on "Importer," the program detects the SD card in the computer and asks if I want to download from it.  If I hit "Yes," then it'll download from there, but will also attempt to download from the Flashair card since it found it as well.  If I hit "specify," then it will only use the computer SD card, which is what I want.  

If, somehow or other, "yes" can mean "only" the card that is specified, that will work.  If the seeking can be limited to the local computer, that will work, etc.

Yeah, my "specify" workaround does work, so this isn't earth shattering, just hoping a fix is simple and can be included some day.

I use Flashair too but it is not linked to my computer. I have tried grabbing the files directly off Flashair in the machine through webdav and.. well.. you could take a shower, eat breakfast and do the dishes before it is done copying data over. Assuming it doesn't timeout. An option to disable auto detecting of SD cards would be nice. This being a preference after an initial install. In other words, Auto detect ON until user shuts it off then just use last known data location. Does that sound right to you Ed?

That would work, sounds like.

I just PM'd you back with the results of my look. 

I use a fixed IP address for the flashair card specified in the router.  I used that IP address to assign the flashair card as a network drive (V: ) on my computer.  Then, I use a program called Free File Sync that synchronizes the files from the flashair card to an SD card in the computer automatically at a fixed time each day.  Takes about 10 minutes to run, but I never notice since it's in the background.  I know that I can see the data anytime after about 11 am.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using FlashPAP and it's working flawlessly with OSCAR (a big thanks to the team!).  In fact it seems to pick up on the command line switches better than Sleepyhead, so it auto imports every time.

FlashPAP copies from the wifi SD card to a folder on the computer.  After that's complete, it opens OSCAR with the command line switch to import on opening.

Here's the command I use to launch everything:
Code:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c "J:\Documents\Sleepyhead_FlashPAP\FlashPAP Auto Import.bat"

Here's the contents of the bat file:
Code:
start "" j:\Documents\...\FlashPAP.jar user=XXXXXX startapp=yes shimport=yes exit=yes log=yes timeout /t 60

Also, from within the FlashPAP program, select the OSCAR.exe file (usually in /Program Files/OSCAR/)
Post Reply Post Reply
Will there be a feature to change the data folder location?
I would want to store it on gDrive (or the likes) so that I can sync the data on different PCs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
Am I reading this right?
On the IPAP/EPAP section are the labels reversed, or is my EPAP greater than my IPAP?

Was the same in Sleepyhead.  

Dreamstation Pro BiPAP S/T

mac OS Mojave 10.14.4

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
According to your pressure graph, your IPAP (red line) is lower than your EPAP (green line). From my understanding, your machine does have that capability.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Am I reading this right?
(04-27-2019, 09:51 AM)milesarcher Wrote: On the IPAP/EPAP section are the labels reversed, or is my EPAP greater than my IPAP?

Was the same in Sleepyhead.  

Dreamstation Pro BiPAP S/T

mac OS Mojave 10.14.4

One of the many issues we are starting to work on, thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2019, 06:37 AM)retlif Wrote: Will there be a feature to change the data folder location?
I would want to store it on gDrive (or the likes) so that I can sync the data on different PCs.

I hadn't noticed that this feature was removed from the options.  This location is stored in the registry,  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OSCAR_Team\OSCAR\Settings\AppData.   I tested this assignment by relocating my directory before I posted this so there wouldn't be any surprises.  It worked without any problems.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2019, 10:33 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(04-27-2019, 06:37 AM)retlif Wrote: Will there be a feature to change the data folder location?

I hadn't noticed that this feature was removed from the options.  This location is stored in the registry,  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OSCAR_Team\OSCAR\Settings\AppData.   I tested this assignment by relocating my directory before I posted this so there wouldn't be any surprises.  It worked without any problems.

So if I am understanding you correctly, 

1. Accept the default data folder location. 
  2. Import Sleepyhead data folder. 
  3. Manually move OSCAR data folder to gDrive. 
  4. Manually edit the registry to gDrive location. 
Correct?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wishes for the new version of OSCAR 1.5.1 or later. Ruud J 18 2,094 10-03-2023, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Lucky7
Information Lookee oximeter import/sync issues, wiki update suggestions Uphold9887 9 761 05-02-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Statistics display suggestions or bug report dr.wise 5 1,015 05-06-2020, 12:42 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  NOTICE: OSCAR Suggestions Gideon 31 5,301 04-19-2019, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Spy Car

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.