Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR isn't reading data after updating to Mac OS: Ventura 13.0.1
OSCAR isn't reading data after updating to Mac OS: Ventura 13.0.1
Does anyone have any idea as to why, all of a sudden, I can't import my AirSense 10 data to OSCAR as I do every morning on my 2021 MacBook Air?

After clicking on OSCAR in the dock of my MacBook Air laptop, which takes me to the Welcome Page . . . when I put my SD card in the Mac card reader, as usual, & click on the red Import Icon, it looks like it is importing my data, but it DOESN'T! -- I DID have the SD card unlocked when I used it last night, and LOCKED when I put it in my card reader this morning.

The Daily View, Overview, & Statistics icons are dimmed, and unresponsive when I click on them. -- I tried re-installing OSCAR and still the same thing. --
And I also checked my Mac's System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Files & Folders to make sure that REMOVABLE VOLUMES is "ON".

The only thing different about this morning is that LAST NIGHT, my MacBook Air had an Update to Ventura 13.0.1 . . . so I updated. Do you think this could this have affected OSCAR? (As I said, I moved the old OSCAR icon to the trash & reinstalled it this morning. But same thing happened; no import.)

Any Mac or OSCAR wizards out there?

Would love to resume seeing my daily OSCAR results now that I have a new mask & am in the process of making incremental increases to my Minimum pressure to improve my AHI.

Thanks so much,
JoyD.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR isn't reading data after updating to Mac OS: Ventura 13.0.1
I can't help I'm afraid JoyD, but am interested in what version you updated from?

I currently have my Macbook Air (2020 M1 chip)  running Mac OS 12.5.1  (Monterey) and am due to update to Ventura, which I guess would automatically put me onto the latest version of Ventura. Wondering if you were already on Ventura (13.0?) and went to 13.0.1 or whether you went from an earlier OS?

Even though I am having other issues with OSCAR, it sounds like holding off updating to Ventura might be wise.
Post Reply Post Reply
JoyD - You should be able to access your SD card outside of OSCAR from your system. When you insert your SD card, does your Mac recognize it and mount (connect) it for viewing?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Red,
Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean.

Whenever I insert my SD card in my Mac Card Reader, I am already on the OSCAR Welcome Page to import (or TRY to import) it. Could you explain where, on my MacBook Air I would look to see if it recognizes OSCAR??

As I look around at this new Ventura version 13.1.0, in Settings > Privacy > Files & Folders . . . I find the OSCAR icon. When I click on it, I find: Desktop Folder (turned Off), Documents Folder (turned ON), & Removable Volumes (turned ON).

Does that mean that my Mac recognizes OSCAR?

If I click on the OSCAR icon in either Applications or in my Dock . . . I am taken to the Welcome page of OSCAR. But, as I said, there is no response when I insert my SD card in the reader & click to import.

Can you explain to me HOW to "access" (??) my SD card "outside" of OSCAR from my system?? I don't know how to do that.

Joy
Post Reply Post Reply
CUPPA,

Sorry, but I really don't remember. I just know that whenever there are updates, I install them. Perhaps that answers your question (?)

If I were you, I'd wait until hopefully someone figures out how to correct my problem in case it IS related to the Ventura 13.0.1 update.

Joy
Post Reply Post Reply
An SD card is like a USB memory stick or drive. All are removable memory devices. When you connect them to your PC, they should be recognized by the system and an icon usually appears on your desktop. Clicking on this icon will open the device and display its contents in your Finder program.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Red,

Obviously I'm not at all tech-savvy! Here is all I could find for you - see attachments. I found these from my Finder ("OSCAR Data" from today) & the other is what I see when I click on Settings > Privacy/Security> Files & Folders.

There was no icon on my desktop.

Does this help at all? ~ Joy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
First, I know enough to be dangerous on a Mac. Did you have the SD card inserted into your PC when you did the Finder screenshot? If so, it does not seem to be showing up. I will leave it here and wait for a more skill Mac user to answer you.

Sorry I wasn't any help.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Red,

No, the SD card is back in my AirSense for tonight - was not in my Mac + Card Reader when I took the Screen Shot. I'll try that tomorrow & let you know if it does anything when I try again.

And thanks so much for trying to help. I appreciate your kind attention!

Joy
Post Reply Post Reply
JoyD,

Have you tried rebooting your Mac?

When you insert yhe SD card into the reader on your Mac, open Finder and you should see the SD card listed in the left pane. The SD card may have a name like "NO NAME" or something similar. You may need to double check the preferences in Finder and see if it is set to display external disks, If your Mac isn't seeing the SD card then OSCAR can't import the data.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 4 39 5 hours ago
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 83 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 91 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 227 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 109 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.