Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR not importing all of the data from my SD card
OSCAR not importing all of the data from my SD card
I have used both OSCAR and Sleepyhead for many years. I just got a new ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto with a new SD card on 2-12-21. The first 10 nights, I was able to import most of the data from my SD card into OSCAR (I understand not everything listed under the OSCAR events and waveform tab can be imported by every CPAP or BiPAP machine because it depends upon the machine's make and model).

After the 10th night, I noticed only about half of the data from my SD card was imported and showing up in the OSCAR overview report. In the daily report, it would say “Please Note This day just contains summary data, only limited information is available.” What could have caused this to happen? Is there a setting I need to change so I can receive all of the data my new machine is capable of reporting?

I also did a test. I made a new profile under a different profile name and imported all of the data on my SD card again. This did not help. I also tried to use the rebuild data feature in OSCAR. This also did not help.

I also imported the data from my SD card into Sleepyhead and still got the same results; however, in Sleepyhead I was only able to see the data from 2-12 and 2-13. Then the remaining data would be missing for several nights or spotty at best.

Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, or solutions about how I can fix this problem?. This is very frustrating. I need this data to help me set up and monitor my new machine. I also tried using the ResMed airview which in my opinion is almost worthless (unless you like receiving spam messages from ResMed after you sign up) Does the Apnea Board offer tech support? I would be willing to pay someone a reasonable fee to help me with this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR not importing all of the data from my SD card
You've done some of the most useful tests and the problem is still there. It is particularly interesting that SH doesn't see the data either.

I suspect a problem with the SD card or possibly the SD slot in the CPAP machine (although I would hope not to see a hardware error in a new machine). Are you using the SD card that ResMed supplied with the machine? Do you have another SD card you could use instead?  SD card capacity should be 2 Gb to 32 GB but not larger (as larger cards are not formatted as the CPAP machine wants to see it).

I would be happy to look at the data on your SD card to see if there are any problems with the data. In OSCAR, use Help/Troubleshooting/Create ZIP of CPAP Data Card. Upload the resulting zip file to my Dropbox folder.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your help!! I will follow your instructions and try another new SD cart and give you an update on my progress. I was thinking all of the data is stored on the machine for about 1-year regardless if you use an SD or not

Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
Only summary data is stored for a year in the machine. Detailed data is only stored on the SD card, so if it is not in the machine, the detailed data is lost every night. I don't think the User Manual is very clear on that point.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Making sure to keep the SD card in the machine every night solved the problem!!!

Thanks, everyone for your time and for helping me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hai,
I have de same problems with my resmed...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 223 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 107 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 98 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.