Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR not importing events from my SD Card
OSCAR not importing events from my SD Card
I'm a brand new Oscar user as well as a brand new CPAP user.  I found SleepyHead and now OSCAR from online searching.  My RESMED airsense 10 CPAP machine didn't come with a SD card so I'm using a Pixtor 32GB disk.  I was excited to import my first nights sleep as the myAir ap has been telling me I'm having 5 to 19 events an hour depending on my pressure.  Well I don't get any events reported on the card for any of nights.  And the graphs I get for pressure and time are very basic bar graphs.  Any ideas on what isn't set up right or how I can fix this?  Very grateful for any help.
  Cory
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR not importing events from my SD Card
Hi Cory!  -  Welcome

First, there are several models of the Resmed AirSense 10.  Here are the models that are fully data capable:
Models Supported:
  • AutoSet
  • AutoSet for Her
  • Elite

[Image: ResMed-AirSense-10.png]
[should say "AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite or CPAP"]

Models Not supported:
  •  AirStart (all models)
  •  Airsense 10 CPAP
  •  AirMini

If you meet the above requirements for data, then you will need to set the Essentials settings, in the Clinician Menu,  to "Plus".  That should get you some data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is a airsense10 CPAP.  So I guess that explains it.  Frustrating.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the reply.  This is the machine I got from my doctor.  I went ahead and bought one of the autoset Elites and Ill start using that one and finally be able to see what my events look like.  Thank you again.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you haven't had the machine very long, call your doctor or DME and see if you can upgrade to the AutoSet.

If your insurance has paid for this, know that they reimburse the DME the same amount regardless if you have the Cpap or AutoSet.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is where you get a little loud!  
Do you have a copy of your prescription?  If not, get it and POST it here.  Want to see what it says about your pressure and model/type of CPAP.  
How long have you had it?

The goal is to see if you can swap it.

To help us change your profile to state the exact model
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a screen shot from one of the Oscar imports that has my settings on my machine.
I had 2 in lab sleep studies.  One for diagnosis, one for cpap titration.  The diagnostic test had my AHI at 31. They broke them out as 9 Apnea's and the rest Hypopnea's.  My titration study was an abject failure.  I was sedated at 9:30pm, 10:45pm, and 12:30am.  I removed the mask at 4 am.  From this study they prescribed me the CPAP I have with a pressure setting of 12, with an EPR of 3.  The doctor noted I was not in REM sleep at this level but my breathing was normal.
I began treatment 1/21/2020  I slept with this setting for about 5 days and the myair ap reported I was having events of 17.6, 17.9, 13.9, 15.8, and 19.3.  Additionally, I was waking up repeatedly with panic as I was starting to fall asleep.  With what I think were central apneic events.  Although I have no way of knowing for sure.  They weren't something I experienced prior to starting CPAP.  I called my doctor and explained what was going on and the decision was made to drop my pressure to 10.  I slept with that for about a week and immediately saw my events drop to 12, 12.8, 14.5, 5.2, and 6.3.  I also was not having the panic and central apneic feelings as I fell asleep.  I lower the setting on my own to 8 and had events of 8.8, and 7.6.  I raised it to 9 and had 11.7 events.  And thats where I am tonight.  I've increased the pressure to 9.6 for tonight.  I would like to get this figured out and get my events down to under 5.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Lets see a set of daily charts from OSCAR, see the Organization link in my signature. This will let us see how your body and machine are working together and be the basis for change.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ll get the first night uploaded when I get my data capable machine.  Suppose to arrive tomorrow.  The charts I have now are worthless for the basic airsense 10 CPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
There are two reasons you might see an increase in (detected) central apneas:

1. Not actual central apneas, but natural pauses in breathing when you transition from one sleep stage to another. The machine doesn't know when you're asleep, so it can't tell the difference between these and the real thing. Particularly if you're having trouble sleeping and bouncing between stages and arousals, these could be false positives. If you think you're sleeping solidly, then this is less likely the explanation.

2. Complex apnea. The mechanism isn't entirely understood, but some people develop central apneas when on CPAP. If that's the case, the officially recommended treatment is ASV therapy or some sort of backup rate for breathing. The alternative treatment is EERS, which uses a CPAP and modifies the mask and tubing to increase the CO2 you breathe, but it's still quite unusual to find a doctor who uses this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Importing blood oxymetry data from Samsung Health Scarmen 5 1,651 04-10-2024, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR not recognizing Lowenstein SD Card Poolboy 6 233 03-31-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 7 270 03-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 245 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 223 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 178 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 376 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.