Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR old version
RE: OSCAR old version
Hello to everyone!

I have a little trouble with this version (1.5.1). As you can see on picture 24_5_2.png some of labels are in greek letters (probably) and if I try to change language (menu Help -> Change Language) application crash down without any message.

Is it possible to get any older version of OSCAR. By the way, thank you very much for this application. It's great!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi thrash!  -  Welcome
I have several things for you to try.  Not knowing your computer skills, I have kept the instructions very basic.

1. Get the hash file for OSCAR 1.5.1 and compare it to the one you downloaded.  Here is the link if didn't know it exists: OSCAR Download Page > Documents (at the bottom of the O/S list) > SHA256 Checksums for all installers  If you don't know how to verify a checksum, I have listed the steps for each operating system at the bottom of this post.

2. OPTIONAL - If you deleted the installer file, download it again and verify that it is not corrupted.  Delete your current OSCAR 1.5.1 and reinstall it.  Your data file will not be erased.

- OR -

3. With OSCAR not running, open the OSCAR_Data folder > Preferences.xml file. Search (Find - usually Ctrl-F will open the search box) and type, "lang" and "Next"  This should highlight this line, "<Language type="QString">en_US</Language>".  Of course, yours will have a different value than the "en_US".  Not knowing the shorthand designator for the languages, I would say replace yours with the US English value as listed here.  Save the file, exit, and try running OSCAR again.

When reporting problems, please always report the operating system you are using, it really helps in narrowing down the problem.

Here are the sets to verify your checksum:
Linux
sha256sum --check <Path to the OSCAR Installer for your system>

macOS
macOS has shasum (/usr/bin/shasum):
shasum -a 256 -c <Path to the OSCAR Installer for your system>

Or, if GNU coreutils are installed, sha256sum or the prefixed version gsha256sum can be used, as with Linux:
gsha256sum --check <Path to the OSCAR Installer for your system>

Windows
certutil -hashfile <Path to the OSCAR Installer for your system> SHA256

Please report back here as to your progress and results so we can better refine our help for the next member that encounters your problem.

Good luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
For Linux (I don't know for the others OS) :

sha256sum --ignore-missing --check <Path to the OSCAR Installer for your system>

--ignore-missing : avoid a error if the file is missing (which is the case : all the files are listed in the test files)

<Path to the OSCAR Installer for your system> is the path to the checksum file.
the iso file are supposed to be in the current directory.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks to you both for the advices.

I tried to reinstal but without success. 
I edit registry value in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OSCAR_Team\OSCAR\Settings

Key Language - to en_UK instead of cz (Czech Republic). I think this value was choosen by me in the start of previous instalation.

It's ok now.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a question about the settings: 

Deep Sleep DS (as seen on picture)

where can I found information about this item if checked?

Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That is only reported if your CPAP brand reports that parameter. A Resmed does not. That list has currently the known parameters for all CPAP brands recognized by OSCAR.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
untoutseul05 - Thanks for catching my mistake.  My thought process was not fully engaged when I typed that response.  Confused
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
It's not really a mistake.
It just write a output which says what the file xxx has not been found.
I just think it's easier with only one line which says what it is ok or not.

Just remember what I have a personal computers with only Linux on it (no Windows machine at home) and I work on Linux servers.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Version 1.5.2 Problems flipmike 10 363 04-02-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: flipmike
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 250 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 245 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 396 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,989 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
Sad Graphics bug in 1.5.1 Deb 12 version Gooserider 2 533 12-26-2023, 09:08 PM
Information New SEFAM Analyize software version 3.2.0 SuperSleeper 3 1,391 11-11-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: DrJelly

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.