Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR-oximetry data import record/file layout
RE: OSCAR-oximetry data import record/file layout
(05-16-2020, 01:05 PM)sawinglogz Wrote: Do I take it from the "BLE" in the path that the Mac version connects via Bluetooth? If so, can it also connect via USB?

Sorry I wasnt clear in my reply - Yes, the Mac syncs via BLE. It appears BLE only. It won't find the device if the USB is plugged in. I was unable to get the app to find the device via USB.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do you pair it with the oximeter? Does it automatically recognize it?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2020, 01:13 PM)cweiss Wrote: I cannot get the Mac to connect via USB at all, only charge. 

Also, I am unable to actually load those files, they're greyed out in the file dialog.

Are you going to Data > Import Viatom Data? You should be able to select an individual file, or the 20052C8643 folder.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no pairing - the desktop automatically recognizes the ring. Same with iOS. From what I've read, iOS is really locked down WRT what it'll communicate over bluetooth. The ring may just be blasting a modulated audio stream if talking to an Apple device.

I'm using "Import from a datafile saved by another program, like SpO2Review". This is with version OSCAR 1.1.0+e4d5a0d8 (FWIW - the version is kind of buried, I had to look in the application release notes to find it - it really should be on the first About screen.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Um, the version number is in the title bar of the window. Smile

To import Viatom data, you need to go to the Data menu and select "Import Viatom Data".

See http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...port#macOS
Post Reply Post Reply
Aha, that worked! I was definitely taking the wrong path to load files - the Import Datafile button text was generic enough to addle my brain.
I was able to import data - I dont see any obvious correlation to assume the time is in sync, but I've only got one day's worth of Ring data to go off of and am still sussing out how to read the info.

Also, thanks for pointing me to the menu bar. My bad for not checking there Smile

I have some BLE sniffing boards/software from when I was trying to get beacons working (I didnt get very far), I might try and see what I can read from the Ring. Maybe it's in Beacon mode?
Post Reply Post Reply
It shouldn't be off by more than ~4s assuming you synchronized its clock with either your phone or your computer.

The 4s question is due to the uncertainty of whether the starting timestamp indicates the time that the oximeter began recording or the time that the first measurement was recorded. So it might be right, or I might have guessed wrong.

Speaking of which, it's totally reasonable for you to have tried other import buttons. For 1.2 I'm hoping to unify the oximetry import and make it a little more reliable. But I didn't want to wait that long to support Viatom oximeters.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2020, 08:30 PM)sawinglogz Wrote: No, the SleepU uses something different. I forget what, though, and I loaned mine to a friend with COVID-19.

The SleepU uses a CH34x USB-to-serial bridge. macOS 10.14 Mojave and newer have the driver built in. For older version of macOS, see:

https://github.com/adrianmihalko/ch340g-...s-x-driver

and for other platforms:

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how...rivers/all
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2020, 05:27 PM)WiredAndTired Wrote: P.S. For anyone else with an O2Ring .... I found out that any micro-USB cable will charge the O2Ring but to get the data you have to use their proprietary cable that comes with it  Oh-jeez . I don't know what could be different about that cable but hopefully I'll find it before the new release comes out  Smile

Yes I just found that out haven had any issue download from Ring to O2 Pro Insight, but all of sudden cant down load, been scratching head what the been going on, have been scrolling over threads find answer ? 

You are correct,  as at some time got my original  O2 Ring Cable mixed with other same type cable connections and trying using non original same type USB connections will not down load ? so after some searching, found Original O2 Ring cable and Magical ha, ha quick simple plug Original Cable  into Ring and to Desktop USB slot ,  press Download data on O2 Pro-Insight and to easy simple magic miss belief, Gemlin's Gone ? ha, ha I will have to specially mark the O2 Ring cable (keep to side not use for other purposes)  ??? With out reading your post doubt I would have picked up on that but still not sure Why ???? Mystery ?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Viatom/Wellue devices use a USB to HID (Human Interface Device) cable. If you look at the big USB plug end, you will notice that it is larger than normal. This is where the magic happens.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 4 39 9 hours ago
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 85 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 150 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 164 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 93 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 61 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.