Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR question about how Ramp is reported
OSCAR question about how Ramp is reported
I have obtained a used ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset so that I don't have to use my recalled PRS1 machine.  I am trying different settings, and turned on AutoRamp.  But when I look at OSCAR it has odd machine setting reports about ramp, such as "2" and "45 minutes".  It doesn't say AutoRamp or how long the ramp was lasting (on this night about 18 minutes showing on ramp pressure 9.8cm):

This makes it hard to switch from day to day and just know the ramp duration or type (autoramp, vs set ramp time).  Can this be updated?

-SleepyCPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR question about how Ramp is reported
Using the ramp is not a good idea. Yours is set for 45 minutes. That is 45 minutes where you are not getting therapy or reports of events during that 45 min.

If you stop the machine to use the bathroom or adjust your mask the ramp starts again with 2 breaks (turning off the machine” that makes about 1/4 of your sleep time without therapy.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
A complete detailed screenshot would be helpful in seeing the actual extent of ramp and the version of Oscar you are using.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider,
Thanks for looking into this and asking for more info.  I am using OSCAR 1.2.0 on my Mac laptop.  Here is a whole-night screenshot, and a closeup showing it coming out of ramp.  I measure the AutoRamp time to be about 18.5 minutes. That is when the machine guessed I was no longer awake and started raising pressure.

Dear staceyburke,
Thanks for your concern.  I have the ramp on Auto so that it will not respond to any breathing irregularities while I'm still awake.  When it guesses I am asleep (30 breaths of even sleep waveforms) it will start responding and also raise to minimum 10cm or higher if needed.  I have been on CPAP 10cm for a long time and can get <1 AHI with that plain pressure, so I'm not worried if the ResMed device is wrong about me being awake - I'd have "ok" results if stuck at 9.8 all night.  I often end up with events (such as a CA, maybe OA/H - it depends) right before I transition to sleep.  That kind of scoring junk need not be in my total night's score, so I'm glad if it doesn't put it in while in ramp time.   I do not have a ramp setting of 45 minutes, that is the OSCAR question I ask in this thread.  Why does it say that??? It confuses me to be reported that way, and it confused you.  I was in ramp for about 18.5 minutes because that was awake time.  ResMed's printed materials say AutoRamp will not last more than 30 minutes, even if it doesn't think I'm asleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Ramp setting reporting has been updated so that you will see 'Automatic' instead of 2, but some more work needs to be done so that the erroneous time will not be shown.

This will show up in the next release of OSCAR.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyCPAP, you have a very unbalanced inspiration expiration time that usually suggest flow limitation beyond what your statistics suggest. You might want to start a therapy thread where we can look more closely at the flow rate wave-form and see if you might benefit from a higher EPR. Basically we see a long inspiration time with a rapid high volume expiration.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sleeprider, I have taken you up on the suggestion to post a therapy thread in the general forum:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid407947
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 261 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Oscar Question paulag1955 11 1,006 11-19-2023, 01:37 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Different AHI reported by Oscar and my machine Pixel Ninja 9 1,424 06-11-2023, 07:37 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Quick OSCAR Question re Custom Event Flagging AndyB 3 743 06-06-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: AndyB
Question Question on data on OSCAR overview page redhermes 8 844 01-12-2023, 10:06 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Integrating 02 monitor with OSCAR (question!) spetzal 14 1,245 12-12-2022, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
Question INSTALL QUESTION OF OSCAR UPDATE ON MAC Plmnb 2 606 12-05-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.