Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR suggestion - API integration (Long term)
OSCAR suggestion - API integration (Long term)
Hello,

Really appreciating Oscar and all the work that has gone into it. 

As we are all getting more techy and geeky by the day I wondered if long term we could integrate API functionality to pull in things like the following for the sleep period from Fitbit, Garmin, Apple ...:
  • Heart rate
  • SP02
  • Movement (very limited I know)
This is a bigger dev effort and I know the roadmap is long enough as it stands. But a guy can hope can't he?

Regards,
Damian.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR suggestion - API integration (Long term)
Some of that should be in the next release, that is unless testing shows something bad. Some of that (SPO2) is there now. Not via API though.

The bottom line is with more developers the more we can do. If interested PM me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Bonjour, 

I have PMd you. 

Maybe API was the wrong phrase. But if we could update Oscar to be able to log into Garmin, Fitbit, ... sites, via THEIR APIs, it would rock. Users could configure their credentials within Oscar for those remote sites.

Thanks for the hard work and support,
D
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a very interesting idea. We've generally been focused on direct connection to machines, so OSCAR doesn't currently have any network functionality. It might be too much of a moving target to be practical, but I'll keep it in mind as we think about how to improve OSCAR's flexibility.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion: Increase time reminder shows when closing OSCAR DaveInDenver 2 442 08-18-2023, 04:32 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver
  OSCAR Suggestion: time slider at bottom of Overview tab JimInPT 0 398 01-02-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: JimInPT
  ResMed-2 sessions short 2nd useful- Break to long/Card out of machine to soon. KeepSmiling 5 676 11-18-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  SPo2/ OSCAR suggestion cberistain 3 618 12-21-2021, 10:08 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  checkme pro oximeter integration OSCAR LE GALIBIER 0 711 08-03-2020, 03:52 PM
Last Post: LE GALIBIER
  Oscar question/suggestion clintber 2 707 03-09-2020, 01:47 PM
Last Post: clintber
  OSCAR suggestion - Portable App Damiansd 6 1,081 02-20-2020, 02:54 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.