Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR [unable to import data after original migration of SH data]
RE: OSCAR [unable to import data after original migration of SH data]
I used iobit uninstaller that usually finds and deletes extraneous files, folders and registry items but it did not do so with OSCAR. I had to manually delete my OSCAR data folders after uninstalling but I didn't do anything in registry and it installed okay after that. also, I found I had to download a fresh install exe each time I tried to (re) install as OSCAR seemed to offer the migration path only on first install.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2019, 07:38 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I am experiencing the same issue as car54 in this thread.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ly-results

I installed OSCAR about 4 days ago and migrated SleepyHead data at the same time without incidence.  
Today was the first day I tried to import my data.  After inserting SD card as usual, I receive this message: “already up to date with cpap data at F:/P-Series.”   As you can see from my screenshot, there is no import of data past the 23rd.  

I then closed OSCAR, and opened up SleepyHead, reinserted SD card and the import of the last 3 days of data went smoothly.   Tried OSCAR again....no go.

In your Preferences settings, disable (uncheck) "Do not import sessions older than...".  This feature does not work with the records from your PR machine.  With that option disabled, OSCAR loads data from your SD card without any apparent problem.

Let me know if the data looks ok after you make that change.

Were you using this feature with SleepyHead?

When OSCAR tries to compare the session date against the "older than" date, it uses 12/31/1969 as the session date.  Obviously that's wrong.  12/31/1969 is the Unix "epoch date" so probably is what you get by default when you ask for an impossible date (as the code seems to do).

I do plan to investigate further to see if there is a way to make this option work as intended (rather than as implemented) or is appropriately disabled.
Post Reply Post Reply
UPDATE:
Guy,
I unchecked (disabled) the "Do not import sessions older than..."  in the preferences settings both in SH and OSCAR.  

With than, I tried the import data again in both programs, and the current data was imported without issue.

The reason I used that feature is that I only wanted to see data back to 2017.  I'm sure the data is still on my SD card back to 2014, but it will not show up on import.
I have a feeling I would have to uninstall OSCAR again and try to migrate again, and I think I may leave well enough alone.  Rolleyes

Guy, thanks for all your help.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I looked at SleepyHead 1.0.0-beta-2 source code and compared it with SleepyHead-1.1.0, which is the code base OSCAR was forked from.

The reason you were able to import into SH but not OSCAR with the "ignore old sessions" preference setting was that SleepyHead 1.0.0 completely ignores that preference when importing data from PR machines.  Code was added in SH 1.1.0 to honor that setting.

The workaround for now, in OSCAR (and in SH 1.1.0 for anyone using that) is: disable the preference setting to ignore older data if you are using a PR machine.

Internally, the code assumes that the name of the data file created by the PR machine was the number of seconds since 1/1/1970.  At least for your machine, it's clear that is not how the files are named.  Your files seem to be named with some internal sequential counter that the CPAP machine maintains.  That number is useless for determining how old the data is.  It would not surprise me to learn that some PR machines might have named their files that way, and this is why this feature may work for some people and not others.

The first zipped SD card you sent me had only 20 days of data.  On the second zipped card, data started on 7/11/2018.  I do see that the data in your OSCAR file begins 1/1/2018, so presumably your SleepyHead data goes back that far.  If you have older data, it wasn't on the zipped cards or OSCAR database you sent me.  Can you confirm that the earliest date in your SleepyHead file is 1/1/2018?

I don't think migrating SH data again will make any difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
Guy,
I started using SleepyHead around November, 2014. The data always appeared on my SH graphs when importing. Then there was a point that it was a bit too much too see on my graphs, so I started to use the “do not import” feature. That was with v 1.0.0-beta-2.
I never upgraded to 1.1.0 due to hearing about too many bugs.

I wasn’t having any issues until I migrated SH data to OSCAR. Of course having the “do not import” feature activated stopped it from migrating data prior to the date I had set which was 1/1/2018.

The SD card is a mystery to me. It seemed to be ok before migrating data.

I haven’t used Encore Basic for awhile, but I’ll check to see if the SD card imports ok, and if my data back to 2014 is there.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2019, 01:11 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Guy,
I started using SleepyHead around November, 2014.  The data always appeared on my SH graphs when importing.  Then there was a point that it was a bit too much too see on my graphs, so I started to use the “do not import” feature.  That was with v 1.0.0-beta-2.

I wasn’t having any issues until I migrated SH data to OSCAR.  Of course having the “do not import” feature activated stopped it from migrating data prior to the date I had set which was 1/1/2018.

Does data prior to 1/1/2018 now appear in SleepyHead?  If so, make a zip file of your SleepyHead data directory and upload it to me as you did the other files.  I'll look at it and migrate it to OSCAR to see if anything unexpected happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2019, 04:37 PM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(05-04-2019, 01:11 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Guy,
I started using SleepyHead around November, 2014.  The data always appeared on my SH graphs when importing.  Then there was a point that it was a bit too much too see on my graphs, so I started to use the “do not import” feature.  That was with v 1.0.0-beta-2.

I wasn’t having any issues until I migrated SH data to OSCAR.  Of course having the “do not import” feature activated stopped it from migrating data prior to the date I had set which was 1/1/2018.

Does data prior to 1/1/2018 now appear in SleepyHead?  If so, make a zip file of your SleepyHead data directory and upload it to me as you did the other files.  I'll look at it and migrate it to OSCAR to see if anything unexpected happens.

No, there is no data showing in SH prior to 1/1/2017. (Note:  I was in error above where I stated 1/1/2018.)

Missing data is from late Oct. 2014 through Dec. 31, 2016, both on SH and OSCAR.

Both programs show data from Jan 1, 2017 through current.

NOTE:  I was using a different version of SH when I first started. I don’t remember the version, but I deleted it when upgrading to a new version.  I’m fairly certain my data from 2014 was updated with newer versions.  I think it was a combination of the problems I had with the data migration to OSCAR and the “do not import date before xxx” feature.

It would be nice to recover that data, but I can at least see it on Encore Basic back to Oct. 2014.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2019, 07:22 PM)OpalRose Wrote: No, there is no data showing in SH prior to 1/1/2017. (Note:  I was in error above where I stated 1/1/2018.)

Missing data is from late Oct. 2014 through Dec. 31, 2016, both on SH and OSCAR.

Both programs show data from Jan 1, 2017 through current.

NOTE:  I was using a different version of SH when I first started. I don’t remember the version, but I deleted it when upgrading to a new version.  I’m fairly certain my data from 2014 was updated with newer versions.  I think it was a combination of the problems I had with the data migration to OSCAR and the “do not import date before xxx” feature.

It would be nice to recover that data, but I can at least see it on Encore Basic back to Oct. 2014.

There is no data in your OSCAR database prior to 1/1/2018.  If you have data back to 1/1/2017 in your SH database, then we still need to examine the migration process.  (Though I hope you really meant 1/1/2018 rather than 2017.)
Post Reply Post Reply
There is now data in OSCAR and SH from 1/1/2017 through current.
If you say it wasn't there in the OSCAR database I sent, then something is wrong. In my notes, I did write down that there was nothing showing prior to 1/1/2018. So I wasn't crazy after all.

Is it possible that each time I put the SD card in to import, it pulls more data?
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2019, 07:59 PM)OpalRose Wrote: There is now data in OSCAR and SH from 1/1/2017 through current.  
If you say it wasn't there in the OSCAR database I sent, then something is wrong.  In my notes, I did write down that there was nothing showing prior to 1/1/2018. So I wasn't crazy after all.

Is it possible that each time I put the SD card in to import, it pulls more data?

Yes, if you put in a different SD card with more data, that data would be loaded.  If the same SD card, then there shouldn't be a difference.  Unless somehow that don't load old data preference had some other effect I don't understand.

ok, I won't think about this further.  If you need something, just let me know
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Vs device data Siva 1 64 04-17-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Wellue data off since daylight savings change brainfoggysleeper 1 34 04-16-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 22 3,111 04-14-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Oscar "No Supported Data Found" Resmed Airsense 11 cpapmj 3 86 04-13-2024, 10:21 PM
Question Data needed 5iron 4 91 04-12-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Fitbit import to OSCAR ExtremeDeepSleep 4 140 04-11-2024, 07:34 AM
Last Post: ExtremeDeepSleep
Question Importing blood oxymetry data from Samsung Health Scarmen 5 1,649 04-10-2024, 02:18 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.