Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR usage stats...
OSCAR usage stats...
Moderators, please move this thread, if posted in the incorrect forum...
Hello everyone, new to the forum, please be gentle... Thanks 

Less than a month ego, I've started ResMed AirSense 10 (paid for by Medicare) and of course, OSCAR was the next...

Looking at the usage stats:

[attachment=23049]

It shows three low usage days, under four hours and 88% compliance rate. Based on the related LCD defined compliance specification, this is well within the limit, partial quote:

Quote:Local Coverage Determination (LCD):

Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) Devices for the Treatment of
Obstructive Sleep Apnea (L33718)

2. Objective evidence of adherence to use of the PAP device, reviewed by the treating practitioner.

Adherence to therapy is defined as use of PAP ≥4 hours per night on 70% of nights during a consecutive thirty (30)
day period anytime during the first three (3) months of initial usage.

On the other hand, my DMA supplier keeps telling me, that minimum of four hours per day is required.

Is the DMA supplier correct, or just over-reacting by setting the requirement for every day?

TIA...
"Life is dream, awakening is death..."
- Chinese proverb
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR usage stats...
Medicare compliance is established with 4 or more hours per day in 21 of 30 days (70%). You are on track to meet the minimum requirement, but this is not adequate use to provide effective therapy and good sleep. I assume you need more than 5 or 6 hours per night to feel rested. Also, this is just a snapshot of use hours, and we could help you to improve therapy effectiveness and comfort if you will provide more detailed data.

I'm going to move this from the Software Support forum to the Main Apnea Board forum because this is a use and therapy subject rather than software related. Please consider posting a detailed daily chart and maybe we can talk about ways to make it so you want more tha the minimum hours.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2020, 10:23 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Medicare compliance is established with 4 or more hours per day in 21 of 30 days (70%). You are on track to meet the minimum requirement, but this is not adequate use to provide effective therapy and good sleep.  I assume you need more than 5 or 6 hours per night to feel rested. Also, this is just a snapshot of use hours, and we could help you to improve therapy effectiveness and comfort if you will provide more detailed data.

I'm going to move this from the Software Support forum to the Main Apnea Board forum because this is a use and therapy subject rather than software related.  Please consider posting a detailed daily chart and maybe we can talk about ways to make it so you want more tha the minimum hours.
Thanks for moving it, appreciated...

I really don't need more than 5 - 6 hours of sleep; as the matter of fact, most of the times it is between four and five hours. That's not just nowadays, even when I was young my sleep pattern had always been the same. My wife is really surprised, if I sleep 7 - 8 hours, maybe once or twice a year. It could be that she's missing the coffee already made, but that's a different story...

Just started with a new CPAP machine, AirSense 10 on April 24th; previously used the ResMed S9 paid by a commercial insurance company. They did not have any usage requirements and as such, this is new to me.

Initially, the AS 10 came with the ResMed AirFit F30i full face mask, but I didn't like it. Every time I've opened my mouth during the night, the bottom of the mask ended up between my teeth. The DME supplier sent me the similar Philips DreamWear full face mask, but had the same problems. Yes, there are solutions for keeping the jaws closed, but didn't want to do that. Since the DME supplier wants me to wait three month to get something else, I purchased a ResMed Mirage Activa™ LT nasal mask with headgear. The same nasal mask, that I've used with the S9 CPAP machine. It's been working out just fine for the last two days, according to OSCAR.

Once my usage hits 30 days, I'll create the detailed daily chart and I certainly will have some questions.
- Chinese proverb
Post Reply Post Reply
You should have been able to select the mask you prefer from the start, but good for you gettig back to the Activa LT. You seem to be an old hand at CPAP therapy, and the S9 and Airsense 10 have been the best in category. I think if anyone is tracking your compliance data, it is transmitted automatically and can be viewed by a DME, doctor or insurance company that has the AirView software and your device serial number.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been a long time user of the S9, at least a decade or so. When I've got my A10, the DME provider did not want the S9 back, it was donated to the local sleep center that treats my sleep Apnea.

Due to the COVID, I really didn't have many choices and the DME pushed the full face mask over the virtual setup, if you can call it full face mask. That turn out to be not a good choice and I fell back to my old nasal mask. I can and do blame the DME, but in reality, I should have done my research prior to agreeing to the full face mask. I didn't know much about the quality of the CPAP machine either, but evidently DME did me right with that...

The only person should look at my data is my treatment provider, there's no need for others to collect all of my data. Having the cell connection enabled, certainly poses a security and privacy risk for the end users. Nor did I agree to that, never signed the papers indicating that I agree.
- Chinese proverb
Post Reply Post Reply
The modem can be pretty easily disconnected by removing the cover and disconnecting a small ribbon cable. If it ever becomes a issue, it's there.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 895 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 365 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 623 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 346 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,150 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask
  OSCAR - computing stats for subsection of night confinedmind 6 414 01-07-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,502 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.