Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR wants me to use Migration Tool
OSCAR wants me to use Migration Tool
OSCAR will not open up to CPAP Importer page. Wants me to use its migration tool.
Gives this message= C:/users/Divu/GerDataDrawer/preferences.xml for sleepyhead.
unistalling  did not work,
I want to open OSCAR not have SleepyHead program and data trasferred. Thanks for your help.
Migration tool that I found is for Sllepyhead
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR wants me to use Migration Tool
Read related posts but not too helpful. Let me be more clear:
Every morning I put SD card into computer slot.
Then first, I import fresh overnight data using OSCAR....Been doing that since it became available.
Then (2nd) I import same morning data using SleepyHead program.Been doing this for years.
Two separate data files using two different (but related) programs every morning.
NOW OSCAR does not work (see above message that it sent). It wants to migrate my Sleepy Head data file to it....Why the change all of the sudden?
I would like to continue with my two parallel daily data files as before. How do I get OSCAR to work as before and ignore SleepyHead files?  Please help..Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you running Windows 10?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes and up to date. Don't feel comfortable opening the Registry.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are reports of Windows 10 causing access problems as of late.  If you have an OSCAR_Data folder created, try moving or copying it to either your Documents folder or directly off of the C:\ drive.  You will then issue one of the following in a command prompt window.

If you placed the OSCAR_Data folder directly off of the C:\ drive:
  • type: C:\Program Files\OSCAR\OSCAR.exe   --datadir C:\OSCAR_Data  
  • press: <ENTER>

If you placed the data folder in your Documents folder:
  • type: C:\Program Files\OSCAR\OSCAR.exe   --datadir C:\users\your-user-name\Documents\OSCAR_Data
  • press: <ENTER>

Notes:
  1. There are 2 dashes ("-  -") in front of the "datadir".
  2. Replace "your-user-name" with your actual username.
  3. If you don't have a data folder created, you can still use the commands above and OSCAR will create one at that location.
See if this corrects your problem.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Once OSCAR Migration Tool grabs a hold it doen't want to give it up!!!!
Had to make a new D:\ProgramS\OSCAR folder....Unintall OSCAR and ALL SleepyHead files then reinstall OSCAR in drive d and SleepyHead in drive c:\....Took 6 hours as it continued to crash until ALL SleepyHead files were found and deleted.
Was lucky I had all past nights files still in my SD card.
Could not have done it without you guys and your suggestions   Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New: .spoR manipulation tool strix 5 1,729 10-23-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Migration tool geoffhart1962 5 600 12-14-2022, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Oscar migration tool? mitchel674 6 2,315 04-03-2022, 08:09 PM
Last Post: mariuslaurentiu
  Best data tool for Dreamstation (not Pro) Dedwin0927 5 1,213 06-26-2020, 02:29 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
Angry Manual Sleepyhead to OSCAR data/profile migration? startreking 11 2,375 04-30-2020, 09:19 PM
Last Post: sleepyBuzz
  Migration to Oscar: No Data Imported johnnyb00 3 902 03-30-2020, 11:14 AM
Last Post: johnnyb00
  OSCAR [unable to import data after original migration of SH data] OpalRose 23 4,431 06-02-2019, 02:17 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.