Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR1.2.0: pressure is incorrect in overview, but correct in daily view.
OSCAR1.2.0: pressure is incorrect in overview, but correct in daily view.
Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto, VPAP-S mode. After upgrading to OSCAR 1.2.0, the overview graph does not show correct pressures for some of the days, yet they show correctly in the daily view. Note the pressures displayed correctly in the prior OSCAR version.  fyi, I am also adding oximeter data via Viatom import.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR1.2.0: pressure is incorrect in overview, but correct in daily view.
Am I correct in understanding that the overview was correct before you upgraded and was wrong immediately afterwards? What version did you upgrade from?

Please post a screenshot showing the problem.

Could you run a test to see if the problem can be reproduced? Create a new profile and import just your SD card. Is the Overview in the new profile correct? If it is, import your Viatom data and see if that affects the Overview.

Also, please update your profile data on the forum (click on UserCP) so that the information in the left column is correct (Machine, etc.).
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR1.2.0: pressure is incorrect in overview, but correct in daily view.
tldr:
Rebuild cpap data for both cpap & bipap datasets corrected the graphing problem, and eliminated the "settings shown below are based on assumptions" messages.

Here's the long story:
I had OSCAR 1.1.0 installed since about May 2020, it had no issues, with my combined datasets, which are cpap(Philips dreamstation, ~5 years worth) and bipap (resmed aircurve a10, since 2020-11-06).
Around early November 2020 I started importing my SpO2 data(2020-05-07 to now) into OSCAR. That 1.1.0 version of OSCAR has no bulk import capability, so I had to import SPO2 one by one, and only entered about the last third of SpO2 data into OSCAR.
During import, a few of the SPO2 files produced this popup:
"your viatom device generated data that oscar has never seen before"  "the imported data may not be entirely accurate, so the developers would like a copy of your viatom files to make sure oscar is handling the data correctly"

After clicking ok, OSCAR said the SpO2 import was successful, and the data appeared to import correctly.
The overview graph, pressure section, appeared correct.    

Then I recently upgraded to OSCAR 1.2.0, and noticed that the overview pressure graph was incorrect for the display of a few days in early November 2020.      

Also, in the daily view for the days that had incorrect pressure info in the overview, the section "machine settings" had this :
"please note: all settings shown below are based on assumptions that nothing has changed since previous days"    

So I setup a separate standalone test system:
Intel® Core™ i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz   3.30 GHz
4.00 GB ram
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Pro
version 20H2
OS build 19042.630

I then went through various iterations trying to replicate the problem, rebuilding the base OS image between iterations. (oscar 1.1.0, 1.20, cpap data & bipap data import, individual and bulk spo2 import, etc.)
In all cases, the overview graph problem was not repeatable. I guess I just ran across some obscure combination of SpO2 & cpap data that caused some kind of OSCAR db corruption, perhaps triggered by the viatom "data that oscar has never seen before".  In any event, it was easily repairable with a db rebuild.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Overview Line Graph Jan Flikweert 13 116 10 hours ago
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  incorrect first use date kguarino1 6 317 03-07-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Curious if ResVent Tidal Volume displays seem correct TechieHippie 4 311 02-25-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Oscar - past compliance is incorrect (and different to Prisma) dannahaz 8 641 02-15-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: dannahaz
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 396 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Oscar Shows Incorrect Date for Imported from Wellue O2 Ring DanaH 8 541 02-01-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Correct operation of Contec CMS 50 oximeters ("D" & "DL") ivashamagnus 2 582 12-26-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: ivashamagnus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.