Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Obst & Central Apnea - on ASV. why do most say- resmed vs dreamstation auto sv?
RE: Obst & Central Apnea - on ASV. why do most say- resmed vs dreamstation auto sv?
My3rd, it would help to see the flow rate chart, especially on the closeups. We can see the mask pressure delivery here, but seeing your respiratory flow response is important to understanding.

You will have a follow-up on your testosterone levels. I did not experience a sufficient increase using gel and moved to injections of T-Cypionate. I use a relatively small needle to inject subcutaneous, not the monster needle some doctors thin you need for IM injection. This keeps me at normal consistent levels without all the mess and hassle of gel.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Obst & Central Apnea - on ASV. why do most say- resmed vs dreamstation auto sv?
Well, guy from the local dme place that I got my Resmed ASV from is coming to the house tomm to show me and let me use and check out / trial this Dreamstation,...... wish me luck lol we will see
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it's great that you get to do this without a permanent obligation. There is a good chance we can find some settings ther work better for you. The funny thing about this process is everyone responds individually, and what works for someone else, or not, might not be the same for you. At least you can decide which one is best for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope I can be one that responds to the philips brand - they are made in the next state over and they said they really do cover there product and have so past warranty periods..... will know tonight. I guess just copy over the settings that i have on the resmed to start
Post Reply Post Reply
Well that was strange.   It turned out to be a diff. DME that came yesterday then I orig thought and they had a brand spanking Resmed Aircurve ASV -  he said it was the last one they had since they switched to only carrying Philips products for machines etc.    So now I have two of em,   sort of wanted to "test" the dreamstation out....  

Now what the heck settings do I need to lower this dang AHI.    The tech actually set it up not correctly or shall I say was orig set on my other ASV.   My orig settings were ASVAuto -  Min EPAP - 13,  Max Epap - 15 (Highest it will go it seems)  Min PS - 3 ,  Max PS - 12

He had it set on ASV     EPAP - 13  Min Ps - 3,   Max Ps - 12    

Am I correct in thinking that ASVAuto would be a better setting and let the machine decide or should I try the Reg non auto ASV setting above?
Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely, ASV Auto is the better choice. It will modify EPAP to a 2 setting Min and Max. I suppose you could start at settings equal to the first machine after the Mode edit.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As high as your minimum EPAP is, the ASVauto function has minimum room to move. The settings using fixed ASV preserves the entire 12-cm of pressure support for backup of centrals. The maximum pressure produced by the machine is 25 cm. By setting EPAP at 13, the max IPAP equals 25 at PS 12. If EPAP is allowed to go to 15, only 10 cm of pressure support is available. If In this case where EPAP is already high, it may be useful to try the fixed ASV mode and see if it works out better or worse. No harm in trying. One advantage of fixed ASV is that it allows a more precise observation of pressure results since it eliminates the variation of EPAP pressures.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting info about that, Sleeprider. Just goes to show that there's always something new to learn and that ASV Mode does in fact have a use.

My3, listen to SR rather than me. I'm getting better at setting up an ASV, but Sleeprider still has the best info available.

Back to my break. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry in reading this thread I couldn't move past the 'Benz V BMW' thing - no contest and just not the same...... Benz all the way :-)

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was horrible as far as AHI goes and I actually had mask leaks -  I use the Resmed P10 and have so for about 2-3 years now with no issues.   I just wish there was a way I could set it and forget it like most people seem too on pap therapy and have wonderful ahi numbers below 5.   I wonder if I went to a diff mask if it might help my AHI?   I need to get use to wearing that collar an entire night,  its tough!

Here is a screenshot of last night,   not sure what needs to be shown to be helpful or if it is possable to share some sort of file so if one wanted to view my data on there sleepyhead?   Let me know what is needed screenshot wise to show whats needed -  leaks,  pressure or?

Thanks so much in advance for helping,  it means a lot!

screen 1
[Image: overview.png]

Screen 2
[Image: shows-leak.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 24 544 6 minutes ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,515 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,398 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 71 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 612 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 855 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 553 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.