Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Odd breathing pattern for me.
Odd breathing pattern for me.
I took Ambien last night and my AHI went up a little, that doesn't concern me since I have got it so well controlled anyway, but for about an hour last night I experienced a weird breathing pattern, the respiratory rate stayed the same but volume went down. My normal pattern is on the left side of the first graph. Thoughts?

[Image: eCHdE]

[Image: 0Gh2I]

[Image: 0M05l]

http://imgur.com/a/eCHdE

http://imgur.com/a/0Gh2I

http://imgur.com/a/0M05l

The entire hour.

Not sure why images are failing to display for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Odd breathing pattern for me.
Ambien is some weird stuff. Have you taken it before? It causes some people to get out of bed at night with no memory of it happening, so one hour of strange breathing seems possible.

You didn't by any chance get out of bed and carry your CPAP machine around the house for an hour? Dielaughing
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You didn't include the pressure or leak charts for that long period of hypopnea, but the solution seems simple enough...don't do that. It looks like you might be exhaling through your mouth, so the problem may not be as bad as it appears from the flow rate alone. How are you feeling? If you got a good sleep and are just concerned about the data, I'd just dismiss it. If you felt tired or had other adverse effects the next day, then Ambien is not your friend.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like the top half of the breath is normal, the breathing in part. The bottom part breathing out is missing. So sleeprider saying exhaling through your mouth, and therefore the machine can't record any flow back down the tube, looks right.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepster Wrote:Ambien is some weird stuff. Have you taken it before? It causes some people to get out of bed at night with no memory of it happening, so one hour of strange breathing seems possible.
I have taken it before, but it has been awhile. Saw my doctor yesterday and he wants me to take it for a short while. I only remember waking up once, my data says otherwise, I  don't think  I got out of bed but you never know. Wink

Sleeprider Wrote:You didn't include the pressure or leak charts for that long period of hypopnea, but the solution seems simple enough...don't do that. It looks like you might be exhaling through your mouth, so the problem may not be as bad as it appears from the flow rate alone. How are you feeling? If you got a good sleep and are just concerned about the data, I'd just dismiss it. If you felt tired or had other adverse effects the next day, then Ambien is not your friend.

I didn't include the leak rate and pressure graphs but will now, there is a small steady leak that directly corresponds with the event. I felt okay, moderately well-rested but I had a headache all day. I think the headache was from the Ambien. My MD wants me to stay with the Ambien daily for a little while. I feel good this morning.
Full Night w/LeakRate

The 3 Hypopnea's

My MD is concerned about my blood pressure and was happy that I had my sleepyhead data with me for the visit.

Thanks,

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2017, 06:38 AM)ajack Wrote: It looks like the top half of the breath is normal, the breathing in part. The bottom part breathing out is missing. So sleeprider saying exhaling through your mouth, and therefore the machine can't record any flow back down the tube, looks right.

Yep, I think he did. The graphs I posted now will confirm that, I think.

Thanks,

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
One more with Ti anTe
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 46 1,172 10 hours ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 152 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 173 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 515 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Oscar Data. No events flagged but weird flow rate pattern during REM Ynot 53 2,669 02-18-2024, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Ynot
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 386 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 222 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.