Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oh no... I left my SD card in the PC...
Oh no... I left my SD card in the PC...
Hi,

I'm only on my 2nd CPAP night and unfortunately i've left the SD card in the PC instead of putting in back in the Resmed Autosense 10....

On discovery I've put the SD card back in the Autosense but it doesn't appear to have buffered the data and then written it on insert, because when I've then subsequently checked on OSCAR, I see only a summary/overview, the graphs are blank...

Is this a limitation of the Autosense ? The System One I trailled last year would buffer for up to 7 days.... 

I was already considering a wireless SD card as I'm so forgetful with my lack of sleep and medical conditions, that I think that this is going to be my next ASAP investment... 

I'm guessing the data is lost?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oh no... I left my SD card in the PC...
I think so (but not sure). On the other way, I don't think losing the data for one night is very important.
Have you AHI in the summary ? My breath doctor has said : If it's below 5, it's very good. Between 6 and 10, it's good. Above, I didn't remember.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
Correct you have lost the detailed data for last night as it is only written to the SD card during use of the machine. The amount of data written by the Resmed is in much greater detail than the system 1 so is not stored in the device only summary information is stored which is sufficient for your Healthcare professionals to see machine usage and AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, thanks for the confirmation.

Looks like an investment in a wireless SD card is a must because I will do this a lot
Post Reply Post Reply
Be sure your router is not too far from your machine. The wireless cards need a strong signal.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I expect I will do the same thing.
My old intellipap would just update the card when I put it in.
But also have a new Airsense 10.

My current strategy is to tape a tiny piece of a bright sticky note. inside the flap, so that it unfolds and sticks out.
Then when I am going to bed if the flag is out, so is the data card and I can go get it.

Post Reply Post Reply
Nice one
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Picking up where I left off - My CPAP Therapy Thread SwirlySauce 38 2,780 04-10-2023, 03:48 PM
Last Post: SwirlySauce
  How effective is APAP if left to do it's thing? chris94546 4 613 03-16-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: chris94546
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Throbbing sensation behind the left ear, might be waking me SleepFoo 9 910 07-28-2022, 05:15 PM
Last Post: SleepFoo
  [CPAP] Really new, left in dark by doctors ConorRyan2612 18 1,699 11-26-2021, 10:01 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Discomfort of turning left & right in bed due to CPAP mask hose. Any suggestions? WWu777 16 2,079 05-31-2021, 11:27 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,876 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.