Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Once Again Asking for Oscar Help
Once Again Asking for Oscar Help
The data on Oscar from my old card -from my previous machine -is gone
The data from my new card/new machine is uploaded fine. 
I must have chosen the wrong option about where to save or store my data from the new or old card. 
I’d like to rebuild my Oscar profile with both the old card AND the new card. 
How do I do that?
The first card is from an Airsense machine, tge second is from an Aircurve. 
Curiously some data from the old card seems to populate the ‘details’ area on the left sidebar for the days on the old card but the graphs are all empty on the main part of the screen. (Example attached)
Please let me know if there is someone in particular I should ask for help because no one has responded to my requests for help. 
I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Once Again Asking for Oscar Help
Do you backup your SD card to a dedicated directory on the computer, or do you import it directly into OSCAR? The SD card can only store data from one CPAP. This is because each CPAP serializes the card to that particular CPAP. Did you format or use a different card for each CPAP?

You might look in your OSCAR_Data directory under your profile name (example: Documents/OSCAR_Data/Profiles/Julia63) for your ResMed_serialnumber directory for the backup files.

Also, please use the F12 or Fn+F12 for a Mac to take your screenshots in OSCAR. It formats the image in a fashion that helps us see more of the important data.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for responding.
First, at least on my version of Mac, fn and/or f12 don't take a screenshot
I did not back up either of my sd cards anywhere and, although my profile says there is a certain amount of back up stored I cannot open up anything on my profile other than what you see here. Even when I try to click edit profile nothing happens.

Can I rebuild my Oscar data and combine the data of my 2 sd cards so I can have the history of both cards visible? I'm try ng to get an AXG consultation and I would like to have all my past and current data visible.
If I can do this could you tell me in simple terms how to do this? Do I destroy my profile and start again? Or do I have to somehow make 2 Oscar profiles, one for each card?
Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I can help with the screen shot.  On mac press and hold   shift, command and number 5
Post Reply Post Reply
Shift Command 5 not working although my operating system is not up to date and I've been having problems so that might be the reason. Thanks though Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
This is my replay from your PM.  We like to keep all help posted on the forum, so others may benefit from it.

Disclaimer: I am the "Forrest Gump" of Macs.  Big Grin

Here are the basic help steps.  If I have missed anything, I welcome others to please add to my listing.
  1. The OSCAR program and the OSCAR_Data directory are in different locations.  Deleting the program, OSCAR, will not delete your OSCAR data.  The OSCAR_Data directory is usually located in your "Documents" folder.  
    (Note: The term "folder" = "directory" nowadays.)  

2. If you are attempting to locate the OSCAR Data folder on a remote/offsite location (Google Drive, Dropbox), don't do it.  OSCAR was not coded to wait for a remote connection and will produce errors if it takes anytime to connect to the remote storage location.

3. Using the existing OSCAR version, test the data of each card by preforming the following:
    • Create 2 new user profiles.  The names can be simple, like "AS10" and "VAuto".
    • All you need to create a user profile is the username, country, and timezone.  Everything else is "window dressing" and doesn't need to be filled out.
    • Verify that your OSCAR > Preferences > Import tab > "Do not import sessions older than. . " is NOT checked.
    • Open each profile and import the corresponding SD card's data into that profile.
    • View the data to see if there are problems.
  4. Make sure that you're using the current version, OSCAR version 1.5.1.  If not, you should upgrade to it.

5. Downloads can sometimes get corrupted during transmission. To make sure your download is correct, it is a wise idea to verify the file.  This is performed by using a "Checksum" program.  Here are the steps for a Mac.
    1. Download the OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg program.
    2. Go to the OSCAR download screen again and select the Documents listing at the bottom of the list and the select the SHA256 Checksums for all installers.
       (https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1...cksums.txt)
    3. Open a terminal window
    4. Type: cd Downloads  <Press ENTER>
    5. Type: shasum -a 256 OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg <Press ENTER>
    6. Compare this value on the terminal screen to the one listed for the "dmg" file obtained from the step above.  
       (Tip: look at the last 4 digits to see if they are the same.)
    7. If they match, Great!  Install the new version.  If not, try downloading again.  The checksums have to match.  Otherwise, it is a corrupted file.

6. Once the new version is installed, look at the 2 user profiles again.  
    • If the data appears the same, try purging all the data for that user.
       (Data > Advanced > Purge All Device Data > Your CPAP )
    • Reimport that card's data.

7. If all goes well, then you can either create a new profile or try using your old one and import all the data into it.  I would purge the existing data in your existing profile, if you decide to use it.
After following the steps above, if you are still experiencing problems, then you might have a defective SD card or cards.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
After all the above, I never asked what version of macOS you are using.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Julia,

Perhaps my mac is older than yours.  My mac is a late 2013 running Catalina 10.15.7.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.