Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One 60 vs DreamStation Plugs
RE: One 60 vs DreamStation Plugs
(12-21-2017, 12:03 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: No, PR is still a normal, virtuous 12 V system.  The 24 V that Respironics changed over to was a whole other level of eeeville in my book.

Just so I understand, do you mean "the 24 V that Resmed changed over to..."?  PR is Philips Respironics which runs on 12 volt.  Resmed has run on 24 V and uses a proprietary signal pin.  I think in the last three posts you have said Respironics but intended to say Resmed? I'm not aware of a Respirionics 24-volt supply.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2017, 09:27 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(12-21-2017, 12:03 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: No, PR is still a normal, virtuous 12 V system.  The 24 V that Respironics changed over to was a whole other level of eeeville in my book.

Just so I understand, do you mean "the 24 V that Resmed changed over to..."?  PR is Philips Respironics which runs on 12 volt.  Resmed has run on 24 V and uses a proprietary signal pin.  I think in the last three posts you have said Respironics but intended to say Resmed? I'm not aware of a Respirionics 24-volt supply.

Sleeprider,

That is how I've been reading him, as referring to what I already had understood, ResMed is the 24V system and Philips Respironics is still a 12V system. The only similarity is that Respironics DreamStations and ResMed 10's have proprietary signals on their respective power bricks and cords.

Dave
lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2017, 09:53 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:
(12-21-2017, 09:27 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:

Sleeprider,

That is how I've been reading him, as referring to what I already had understood, ResMed is the 24V system and Philips Respironics is still a 12V system. The only similarity is that Respironics DreamStations and ResMed 10's have proprietary signals on their respective power bricks and cords.

Dave
lots-o-coffee

Correct.  A typo I blame on my keyboard.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
That happens to the best of us. My smartphone likes to auto-correct to the wrong word at times, making me wonder how smart the smartphone really is.

Dave
lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
While we are at it:
does the DS heated tube work with PRS1 and vice versa?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2017, 09:55 PM)AshSF Wrote: While we are at it:
does the DS heated tube work with PRS1 and vice versa?

Unless I'm mistaken, the info via Supplier #1 says these heated hose and machine combos aren't cross compatible. That is to say a System one hose for system one machine OR DreamStation hose for DreamStation machine.

Certainly, if I'm mistaken, feel free to correct me on it.
Guess I've been corrected...g'night.

Dave
lots-o-coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
The heating tubing is compatible
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adapter Plugs for International Travel TiredOne789 6 1,003 10-09-2023, 07:46 PM
Last Post: taylorgtr
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,710 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,532 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation & Dreamstation Go Different AHI? Thedudefino 2 1,301 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Thedudefino
  CAs and Ear Plugs Crimson Nape 7 2,820 12-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Last Post: archangle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.