Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One FFM failing miserably, the other (uncomfortable) one is working
RE: One FFM failing miserably, the other (uncomfortable) one is working
Just to address one issue the OP mentioned...

When trying on masks at the DME, it can be deceiving. Sitting in a chair is not the position I sleep in at night. So a DME who has you try on the mask while seated is missing some practical application.

I liked one DME that allowed me to lie on one of their sleep study beds, to try out a mask. I liked another DME that had me in a chair that fully reclined. A respiratory tech once gave me good advice on masks - pointing out that when I sleep in bed, my neck (and thus the tensioning on the headgear) is different than trying on a mask while seated.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 95 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 178 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 199 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  If you're finding your CPAP uncomfortable ... Dr.Bob 4 594 11-10-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Treatment] new to this - is it working? human 7 573 11-04-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: human

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.