Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One month in - how can I do better?
RE: One month in - how can I do better?
Some people do fine on a dreamstation everyone here will work with you and get it working as well as possible. Just like all of us just keep working on it. It is an on going process.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Stacey, FYI, BiPAP is a proprietary term for a BiLevel built by Philips. It is often used as a generic term like Kleenex instead of tissue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, I learn something new here everyday!!
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning all. Here is my Oscar data from last night after your recommendations. A couple of points I want to bring up. 
1. I woke up after roughly 4 hours but I was able to fall right back to sleep! No tossing and turning. First time in quite a while. 
2. I did not have to use the bathroom last night either, first time in a while. 
So while AHI is still high (but improved) I got my best night's sleep in quite a while.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Good to hear you had a more satisfying sleep. With the auto pressure on, and a minimum pressure of 7.0, we have a better view of how events occur and the machine's response to them. Needless to say, the next step is an increase in minimum pressure to 8.0 as events remain obstructive and require more pressure to resolve. The Philips Auto CPAP algorithm is somewhat slow to increase pressure, so it is important to optimize the minimum pressure to titrate out obstruction. In spite of the fact we limited the maximum pressure to 12.0, that setting was not a factor, and your maximum pressure was just over 10.0. The early obstructive events in our session at 21:20 and 22:10 are clustered. This often happens when you tuck your chin and physically or "positionally" obstruct your airway. Be aware of it, and avoid pillows that are tall or firm enough to tilt your head forward. Without those early clusters, your AHI would have shown considerably more improvement.

Please increase minimum pressure to 8.0, and I think you will find we are getting closer.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sleeprider!!! I will do that this evening and report back in a few days. 
I cannot express my gratitude enough for everyone's help along with such positive attitudes here. 
Thank you SO MUCH!
Post Reply Post Reply
I was camping and slept at 9500 feet for a couple of nights. Slept horribly so no need to share that data! But now I am back at low altitude in Salt Lake City (4500 ft)! Here is last night's data. It's actually my best to date (as far as AHI). I know I can do better of course so I would love to hear suggestions! I am using a cervical collar. Thanks all.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks to me like events may be sneaking past the pressures and some clustering is still evident. It seems like pressure and collar adjustments may be called for. I am pretty sure the collar wouldn't help the CA cluster at the beginning of segment one. I would think the segmented therapy sessions to be a bit disruptive to sleep.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you saying I should raise the pressure a bit?
I will work with the collar as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
If in doubt when using a Philips, increasing pressure is nearly always the right solution. The Philips Auto CPAP is basically an auto CPAP that needs to be setup like a fixed CPAP. It will never get ahead of events unless you do it with settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 150 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  One month in and could use help RTC75321 2 153 03-20-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: RTC75321
  [Treatment] Low O2 After Almost a Month of Therapy somewherein413 36 1,025 03-14-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Month on CPAP can't stay asleep Trep1018 1 138 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 930 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Cpap for 4 month, worked in the beginning but not much now Killiane69 6 605 01-23-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Killiane69
Smile Three month overview outasleep 5 548 11-27-2023, 12:20 PM
Last Post: outasleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.