Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Online sleep physicians who use OSCAR ?
RE: Online sleep physicians who use OSCAR ?
The reason your pressure is rising is that your Flow Limits are high

Set your min pressure to not less than 7, 8 is fine, and increase your EPR to 3.

That could help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2023, 09:15 AM)stevelk9999 Wrote: I am new to the board.  I was wondering if there are any online sleep physicians/university clinics who use OSCAR or other diagnostic data to help determine patient care?  It is a waste to sit in a waiting room for an hour and asked how are you feeling? 

I doubt there are any professionals who have OSCAR installed on their computer. Patient privacy and computer hacking opportunities restrict the software they can use.

But I don't see what that has to do with the waiting room issue. You should be able to make an appointment with a doctor that doesn't require an in-office visit. They can access your data remotely or you can show them the screen on your CPAP machine to verify compliance and review efficacy.

In general, you will get better advice here by posting your screen shots.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.   I agree with you.  

1) unlikely that doctors will have a computer and review oscar.  But it would be nice to have docs that understand CPAP.
2) Some physicians will do telemedicine but some require an in-office visit first.  We found that U of PA will see people via telemedicine without having to have an in office visit first.
3) Waiting room - related to #2,  there is no reason to sit in an office and wait for 2 hours especially when they only ask you - how are you feeling?  I can be in the comfort of my own home and accomplish the same with a Zoom call.
4) I really do appreciate all the advice here - better than the DME and the physicians!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I do know of a sleep tech...fairly popular guy on YouTube... will do Zoom calls with you and remotely look at your OSCAR data with you. He charges $300 for that service. I will wait and see if you get enough assistance here for free before I post any more about him and guide you in a direction of potentially spending unnecessary money.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2023, 08:44 PM)David Clark Wrote: I do know of a sleep tech...fairly popular guy on YouTube... will do Zoom calls with you and remotely look at your OSCAR data with you. He charges $300 for that service. I will wait and see if you get enough assistance here for free before I post any more about him and guide you in a direction of potentially spending unnecessary money.

For anyone with the skills to post their screenshots here, that would be a total waste of money.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2023, 10:14 PM)Sleepster Wrote: For anyone with the skills to post their screenshots here, that would be a total waste of money.

Oh...I agree. That's why I didn't come right out and throw it out there.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2023, 08:44 PM)David Clark Wrote: I do know of a sleep tech...fairly popular guy on YouTube... will do Zoom calls with you and remotely look at your OSCAR data with you.

That would be Jason (LankyLefty), whose service is listed as SleepTest #1  on our Home Sleep Test Provider List -- If someone didn't want to use Apnea Board for free advice, but instead felt more comfortable with paying a sleep tech $300 to do what we do here, I strongly recommend Jason's service.  He's the real deal and knows his subject matter quite well, and you probably won't go wrong by using his service.

That said, if you want to put in a bit more work to properly organize & post your own OSCAR screen shots, the free advice you get here is a whole lot better deal.  Of course, I'm biased in favor of Apnea Board.

But again, Jason is an honorable, knowledgeable and talented man - you won't get cheated if you use his services, IMHO.  If I didn't have Apnea Board, I'd use Jason's paid services in a heartbeat.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again for all of the advice .  I have made all of the adjustments as recommended here.  The AHI is good but still noticing some leaks.  CPAP has been in use for about 3 weeks and getting adjusted.   As requested, here is a follow up screen shot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all.  As requested,  here is the follow up day #4 on suggested revisions. Any additional advice helpful.  feeling better on cpap it seems!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your leak rate graph shows large chunks of time when your leak rate is elevated. This is most likely due to air leaking out of your mouth. You can try a soft cervical collar, a chin strap, or best of all, a full face mask.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 77 1,761 7 hours ago
Last Post: Quitethe1
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 109 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Sleep physicians that value OSCAR and the Apnea Board community FrankFuss 26 3,338 02-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent sleep - OSCAR interpretation dadjackets 2 268 02-21-2024, 11:58 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Started CPAP treatment - Would like advice on my sleep study and OSCAR information Mythique 27 2,798 01-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.