Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ontario Suppliers
Question 
Ontario Suppliers
I checked our Suppliers list but couldn't find one for Ontario Canada.
Surely someone here has a suggestion. I think my local supplier might just be padding prices and would likr to find other Ontario suppliers and prices.
Thanks All.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ontario Suppliers
(12-11-2012, 10:21 AM)Bompa Wrote: I checked our Suppliers list but couldn't find one for Ontario Canada.
Surely someone here has a suggestion. I think my local supplier might just be padding prices and would likr to find other Ontario suppliers and prices.
Thanks All.
Thanks

When you consider that there are probably no Canadian machines, eg. the ResMed line comes from Australia, etc. then there aren't any real options. My source is VitalAire, which again is not Canadian but it has a Canadian presence. I first dealt with Shoppers Health Care, part of the Shoppers Drug Mart chain, but they got out of CPAP some time ago and some of the people I dealt with then are now with VitalAire. Way up in Muskoka, there probably isn't much competition either. I know here there are options. Possibly MediChair. There's our local hospital that I could deal with as well. But frankly since I'm on government assistance (disability) it doesn't matter where I go since it's generally paid for. I used to have to pay a portion of it but under current rules they're more in my favour.

But hey, we're Canadians, eh? We're used to getting gouged up and beyond the prices others pay.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bompa, if you find a supplier online in Ontario, send the link via PM to SuperSleeper and we'll consider adding them to the list.

We don't maintain a list of suppliers who are not online, however.

And I just did a quick Google search and found two that way. But I couldn't tell if they were in Ontario or just in Canada. Sheesh.

Anyway, let us know if you find one that seems decent!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2012, 05:30 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Bompa, if you find a supplier online in Ontario, send the link via PM to SuperSleeper and we'll consider adding them to the list.
to add a supplier to the list ... we the people have right of say Too-funny
poll is the way to go add a new supplier to the list (MM forum)
US suppliers ship to Canada and prices are much cheaper but doesn't cpap mostly covered by the health system in Canada

Post Reply Post Reply
Paula & Zonk are correct...

Master Members (our forum "Advisory Board") are the only ones who can suggest additions to our Supplier List. Bompa, if you find a good DME from Ontario, since you're an MM, the way to do it is start a new thread in the Master Members Forum, giving the name of the Supplier, a bit of info about them, and the website URL (just don't list the DME URL weblink here in a public forum, however).

Then add a poll to your post, saying "Should we include this DME on the Supplier List?", with two options-- Yes and No. The poll runs for 7 days and unless there are other unforeseen circumstances, majority vote of Master Members rules as to whether it gets added onto the Supplier List or not.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2012, 05:54 PM)zonk Wrote:
(12-12-2012, 05:30 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Bompa, if you find a supplier online in Ontario, send the link via PM to SuperSleeper and we'll consider adding them to the list.
to add a supplier to the list ... we the people have right of say Too-funny
poll is the way to go add a new supplier to the list (MM forum)
US suppliers ship to Canada and prices are much cheaper but doesn't cpap mostly covered by the health system in Canada

Well, they change the rules from time to time. When I got my Healthdyne unit so many many years ago I had to pay for part of it.
I think I still generally would have had to except my RT billed the extra amount to the Ontario government via the disability program I'm in. I said I'd pay the extra amount to upgrade from this "Escape" unit to an AutoSet but she said that it would have to be approved separately from the doctor and that's a very slow process. She said a VPAP would not have the coverage and I'd have to pretty well pay the whole thing despite that on the outside all the S9 units seem similar. So it's not necessarily paid for unless conditions are met which seem to change from time to time and I don't have the memory capacity to keep up on all of it.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2012, 06:01 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Paula & Zonk are correct...
the boss is always right Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
I got my CPAP machine and supplies from Praxair and they seem to be comprehensive CPAP machine + supplies distributor in Ontario.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2012, 10:21 AM)Bompa Wrote: I checked our Suppliers list but couldn't find one for Ontario Canada.
Thanks All.
Thanks

From my experience order CPAP parts from Ontario suppliers far more expensive than online US suppliers which taking HST and shipping cost into consideration. Do your home work, on US suppliers before put the order in.
Different suppliers quote different price.

Sleep-wellSleep-wellSleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
There appear to be a few in Barrie. (I searched cpap Barrie) I would call around first. My supplier is on mary st in Oshawa. They are very helpful but fairly expensive.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  European Suppliers madelt 2 930 03-14-2023, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.