Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Opening OSCAR on a MacBook Air with OS Ventura 13.2.1
RE: Opening OSCAR on a MacBook Air with OS Ventura 13.2.1
Well the great news is I found a zombie trash file hogging over 10GB of data. Looks like I'll be able to start from scratch. I'm back to not being able to open the app. It shows in my download icon on safari screen but not in my Downloads file. Hmmmmmm

I have no idea HOW I got past this before. For the life of me I can not get Oscar to move into my download nor my app files. Seeing I did get this once there's got to be a way........
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave,

Just to double check...

Open Safari and check your preferences. Safari > Preferences > General > File download location: and check it is set to Downloads.

Another thing to try would be to go to the OSCAR download page and right-click on the macOS installer then select "Download linked File".

I hate to point this out, but 10GB is not much free space and you may still have issues with storage just from macOS. If purchasing a new Mac is not in your immediate future you may want to consider using cloud storage like DropBox or Google Drive (both have free versions). Store all your Documents and Photo's online. That will clear out even more space.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2023, 05:32 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: >>>>>>>Another thing to try would be to go to the OSCAR download page and right-click on the macOS installer then select "Download linked File".<<<<<<<

This worked. So now I have 16.3 open. I'm going to try. If I have 4 to 5 left I'm still OK for now. But yes I re-hooked up another HD. And have drop box/though I've never utilized it properly. 

I hate to point this out, but 10GB is not much free space and you may still have issues with storage just from macOS.  If purchasing a new Mac is not in your immediate future you may want to consider using cloud storage like DropBox or Google Drive (both have free versions).  Store all your Documents and Photo's online.  That will clear out even more space.
Thanks for the assistance Jeff!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow So I have downloaded, uploaded, and opened Oscar! And FYI it only took 4+ GBs and I still have 11 GB open out of 120.

MUCH THATKS JEFF crimson Raider et all. Now I'll have to start reviewing How To Use Oscar!!
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: Screen-Shot-2023-04-30-at-9-23-52-AM.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: Screen-Shot-2023-04-30-at-9-40-21-AM.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: Screen-Shot-2023-04-30-at-9-42-41-AM.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Very good! If you wish to seek help on your therapy, I suggest that you post only the Daily screenshot, using Fn+F12, in the Main forum. Please use your allowed storage capability of the Apnea Board to host your image. That way, we will be able to zoom the image.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Won't load profile - Sonoma 14.4.4 MacBook Pro breathingwell 2 76 Yesterday, 02:30 PM
Last Post: kderevan
  SD card will not eject MacBook ejbpesca 3 702 11-23-2023, 03:09 PM
Last Post: leonking
  OSCAR stuck on opening kenhh 2 593 10-06-2023, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  oscar can 't read SD card on Macbook Air harry3 3 800 08-06-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: harry3
  Oscar and MacBook Air Columbiabill 4 630 01-07-2023, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  OSCAR isn't reading data after updating to Mac OS: Ventura 13.0.1 JoyD. 28 2,139 12-10-2022, 10:00 AM
Last Post: JoyD.
  macOS Ventura users please read Jeff8356 0 610 11-25-2022, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.