Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Optimal settings on resmed airsense 10 autoset
Optimal settings on resmed airsense 10 autoset
I have been using my machine for last 5 days and it has a autoset pressure starting at 4 and range 4-20. I am planning to get a SD card to download data to software programs. All settings are on auto now. How do I find out what is the optimal pressure range and ramp times?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Optimal settings on resmed airsense 10 autoset
The SD card must be in your machine while you are sleeping, so as soon as your receive it, put it in your cpap.

After a day or two, post your data for us to look over.

For now, a good starting point would be minimum 7 and maximum 15. Set EPR at 2. We can adjust if needed after seeing your chart.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. To quickly clarify, are these the settings to start with?

1. machine is in autoset mode. Am I changing to CPAP mode?
2. I set the min pressure to 7 and max pressure to 15
3. Ramp time is auto. Do I need to change?
4. Start pressure is 4. Does it need to change to 7?
5. EPR had been changed to on and EPR type is full time
6. EPR level has been set to 2
Post Reply Post Reply
1. No, keep in Auto Mode
2. Yes. 7-15
3. Turn ramp off
4. Once ramp is off, this should be 0
5. Yes.
6. Good to start at 2
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep I'd agree with these settings. It's a pity these PAP machines make it so "hard" to change settings. Make certain you self advocate strongly and consistently. Because surely most of these docs are not doing it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have my SD card in the machine. Do I copy the data and send here or download in some other format? When do I need to use Oscar?
Post Reply Post Reply
The SD card must be in your machine while you are sleeping in order for it to write data to the card.  So put it in now and use it tonight.  Any days you slept without a SD card will only show summary data.

Download OSCAR now so that it is ready for you to import the data from the SD card to the program.

See the links in my signature line to help guide you in organizing your chart, taking a screenshot and then using the attachment feature to post data here.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
You need OSCAR installed on your PC first, then upload the data from your SD card into OSCAR. View the Daily tab. With Events, Flow Rate, pressure, leaks, and flow limit showing, you'll use the F12 key to take a screenshot of your on Windows PC. Next you'll make a post here stating how your therapy is going and add the screenshot from OSCAR as an attachment.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have already had it In the machine for two days and I think it has written the data. Do you want me to post now or wait a week and post for whole week?
Post Reply Post Reply
Post now, your current day.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 10 16,918 1 hour ago
Last Post: DaveL
  Optimal Settings on iBreeze BiPAP to reduce FL ewriter 0 22 3 hours ago
Last Post: ewriter
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 52 1,381 Yesterday, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 127 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,940 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 130 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 130 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.