Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Origin of Inspiration and Expiration times: the Resmed files or an OSCAR derivation?
Origin of Inspiration and Expiration times: the Resmed files or an OSCAR derivation?
I may have overlooked a VAuto-generated data file with I and E times. 

Is there such a file among the constellation of PLD and BRP  and other sleep session files? Otherwise, it appears one must rely on either OSCAR's presentation of I and E times--from a complete up-loadable sleep session dataset, if you have such--or derive I and E times from the BRP Flow rate and pressure file. Please advise.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Origin of Inspiration and Expiration times: the Resmed files or an OSCAR derivation?
I'll let Resmed experts weigh in, but I believe Resmed does provide some sort of I and E values, unlike PRS1 (for which OSCAR generates its own).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Origin of Inspiration and Expiration times: the Resmed files or an OSCAR derivation?
The Vauto PLD file has an IE ratio, and B5TI and B5TE times, and a Ti time which we don't use. I haven't investigated what it represents or how it is different from the B5TI time.
The Autoset doesn't have any of those four signals.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
A far overdue "thank" you, pholynyk. 

'Was beating a dead horse trying to get that time info from a member using the Autoset.

Now, I can guess that (and need to check that) B5 times are for I and E times. But am now curious why the "B5..."
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar and ResMed Domino96 13 765 Yesterday, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 124 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
Question Editing session start/end times within OSCAR jas102543 6 1,580 03-12-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: j12251225
  Data Files in an upgrade AlanR 2 86 03-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: AlanR
  Getting O2 Insight Pro files to OSCAR? SnoozeBest 7 244 02-26-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: SnoozeBest
  OSCAR Doesn't Recognize Data Files Heaviside 1 202 02-17-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Heaviside

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.