Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar 1.2.0 Bug or Feature?
Oscar 1.2.0 Bug or Feature?
I just updated Oscar to 1.2.0, I think from 1.1.

I have two machines on my profile. Up until 2019, I was using a Respironics System One 60. In August 2019, I changed to a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. Prior to Oscar, I had used Sleepyhead.

When I upgraded to Oscar, it dealt with the two machines in my one profile just fine. But when I upgraded to 1.2.0, Oscar said that it had to recalculate or reimport or something my Respironics data. I gave it permission, and it did its stuff. When it was done, the Respironics data looked fine. But the Resmed data was GONE, totally wiped out.

Luckily, I was able to import all of the old data, almost two years, from my Resmed data card. But I'm thinking that sooner or later, the Resmed data card will fill up and it will start overwriting the old data. So unless I export the data to Oscar, and Oscar preserves it, the data will be gone.

So is Oscar losing the Resmed data a bug, or was it a mistake on my part to have a profile with two different machines? The fact that the release notes for 1.2.0 specifically reference having more than one machine makes me think that it was a bug.

And if I am supposed to create a second profile for the new machine, is there a problem with having the same data (Resmed usage from 2019 - 2021) in two different profiles, or should I get rid of the Resmed data from the Respironics profile?

Thanks
Andy Oliner
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar 1.2.0 Bug or Feature?
Hi Andy88488!   -   Welcome

OSCAR makes a backup copy of the data you use for importing.  It is located in the C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\OSCAR_Data\Profiles\ProfileName\ResMed_SerialNumber\Backup.

Note: I used the color to represent placeholders for your actual names.

Using the same data for a different profile is allowable.  OSCAR will maintain the data for each profile separate, under the profile name.

OSCAR will recognize a different serial number when changing machines, also if you change brands.  While you can have different machines in the same profile, it is usually better that they be of the same brand.  This is because each CPAP manufacturer can (and does) provide their data in different forms from one another, as well as, either add or omit certain parameters.   Case in point;  Resmed displays their Flow Limits as a graph, Philips CPAP's do not.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar 1.2.0 Bug or Feature?
Hi Crimson,

Okay, thanks. So I guess I'm better off spinning off a new profile for the Resmed.

Andy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR "scrubber bar" feature? jdavis 2 233 02-22-2024, 09:42 PM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Feature Request] EPR mode in overview pressure graph tossinandturnin 8 856 07-24-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: tossinandturnin
  Feature Request - OSCAR Linux rammjet 3 627 07-09-2023, 09:04 PM
Last Post: rammjet
  [Feature Request] Flow Rate graph to Audio File? omonoiatis9 1 548 05-05-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  [Feature Request] How to change kg to lbs in OSCAR Profile and Notes for one's Weight JoyD. 3 515 01-31-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  (Feature Request) Add notes to bottom of Statistics Page B1Sailor 0 560 10-14-2022, 10:57 AM
Last Post: B1Sailor
Question (Feature Request) Moving average for OSCAR Minute Vent chart? YouTakeMyBreathAway 1 639 10-13-2022, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.