Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Data Analysis Request!
Question 
Oscar Data Analysis Request!
Hi,

First thing first, I know about the recall, already waiting for the replacement unit, have no option other than current DS1 for now.

I have been on CPAP since March 2021, sleep study identified AHI to be 47. Started off with fixed pressure of 6 as recommended by sleep study, some mornings were good, but then again those dull/fatigued/zoobie mornings...talked to Dr he advised to start AutoCpap. Switched from fixed to auto(current pressure settings are 6.5-10.5), AHI remained under 5 for all this time period(March till now), but still no improvement in fatigue and other energy less symptoms. Also there are may be some PLMD issue as well I feel fatigued legs throughout the day, there is improvement in this as compared to past but not significant.

Mostly, I have used F&P Brevida Nasal Pillow mask but currently using DW Nasal mask. There is no issue falling asleep, no wake ups in the night due to anything. I am a side sleeper and wake up momentarily for switching sides. At times, I have to adjust mask, near morning, when I feel leak on my face and wake up due to pressure sound.

I have attached screenshots of last 3 days from Oscar. One thing I noticed is there is always high number of Hypopnea's, every night.

Please check and advise, how I can improve my therapy to get most out of it? What is the issue that I need to work on to improve? What I am missing?

Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Data Analysis Request!
It appears to me you have positional apnea. That is when you get into a position that you cut off your own airway. There is no pressure change that will help, you have to stop sleeping in that position. 

This happens when your chin drops to your Sternum cutting off your own airway. It is also called chin tucking.  Many many people have had this problem. Most have found they can get relief using a collar. 

I have a link to collars in my signature at the bottom of the post. In it you can see people without collars and the same people with collars. PLEA
SE take the time to read this link.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2021, 01:31 PM)staceyburke Wrote: It appears to me you have positional apnea. That is when you get into a position that you cut off your own airway. There is no pressure change that will help, you have to stop sleeping in that position. 

This happens when your chin drops to your Sternum cutting off your own airway. It is also called chin tucking.  Many many people have had this problem. Most have found they can get relief using a collar. 

I have a link to collars in my signature at the bottom of the post. In it you can see people without collars and the same people with collars. PLEA
SE take the time to read this link.

Thanks, I will definitely go thorough the SCC link and post back if any queries. 

Hope you are right and there is not anything else to look into to improve the therapy. I would like to see if anybody else has same observation or different opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can anyone else please review my stats?
Post Reply Post Reply
You have high Flow Limits. Increase your min pressure to 8. Better would be to replace your DS1 with a ResMed. Several random 5 min zoomed charts would help to evaluate this.

Your Chin tucking is most evident on Sept 8th, you can also look at your pillow situation. Think thinner, flatter, less firm, and one vs 2 pillows. If that doesn't worth a collar should do the trick.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2021, 01:52 PM)Gideon Wrote: You have high Flow Limits.  Increase your min pressure to 8.  Better would be to replace your DS1 with a ResMed.  Several random 5 min zoomed charts would help to evaluate this.

Your Chin tucking is most evident on Sept 8th, you can also look at your pillow situation.  Think thinner, flatter, less firm, and one vs 2 pillows.  If that doesn't worth a collar should do the trick.

Thanks Gideon.

I tried min pressure to 8 for a night but it was awful, woke up in bad state. I am back to 7 now and feeling better than 8.

I also tried soft cervical collar but it was too hard not soft enough to sleep with and eventually took it off after 15 mins of trying to sleep, it was really uncomfortable for me. I am already using a thin and less firm pillow but that is not helping as well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 579 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 533 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 67 1,793 04-16-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 180 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 106 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 384 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 23 1,235 04-11-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.