Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Dummy - Help me get started using Oscar
Oscar Dummy - Help me get started using Oscar
I want to start utilizing Oscar to see why I still feel like a walking zombie during the day. I was diagnosed a few months ago with moderate sleep apnea (AHI of 24) and have been using a Resmed 10 to treat it for approx. 5 weeks, but am still super sleepy during the day. I have kept lowering my max pressure until my AHI started to rise. Now at max pressure of 7.3 and last night had an AHI of .8 (not 8, but .8). OK, I am quite stupid when it comes to technology. I bought my machine used, with an SD card already in it. If I shove it all the way in, will it record thru the night? Do I need to first erase the card first? Will it overwrite what is already on the card? When I download Oscar onto my computer, does it have a way to search for files to upload into the program?. A thorough review of how to use the program would be greatly appreciated. Tired of being tired (half the day I stare into space, as I am so tired I feel like I have been anesthetized).
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Oscar Dummy - Help me get started using Oscar
Welcome, this is a great site with great people that are willing and want to help..  This is the link to OSCAR, please read and then you can ask anything you don't understand.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Chris, you need to erase the existing user-data from the machine and from the SD card. To do that you need to access the clinical settings menu in the Airsense 10. We could give you the steps to do this, but instead, go to the CPAP Setup Manuals link at the top of this page and follow the instructions to request a clinical setup manual for your machine. You will need to be able to read the SD card in a computer, so if you already have a SD card slot, just put the existing card in and delete any files and folders. When you put it back in your machine, cleaned of any prior user data, it will properly format and record data. Is your machine an Autoset? You might want to add that to your profile.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your computer doesn't have a built-in SD card reader, you can buy one to plug into a USB port. They're cheap. Before you download Oscar, take a look at the data installation and migration guide. I didn't, and I wished I had.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Data ?/ switch from APAP to Resmed Bipap or ASV? Shulamet 19 640 6 hours ago
Last Post: sheepless
  [Treatment] Koala1 - oscar data, first impressions koala1 86 1,593 07-28-2021, 11:00 PM
Last Post: koala1
  OSCAR Report on Resperation Levels SideSleeper 3 64 07-27-2021, 08:05 PM
Last Post: hegel
  Help Please, with Oscar Data MikeE3 15 278 07-27-2021, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Missing Clear Airway, RERA events in OSCAR for Air Curve 10 ASV struts 2 61 07-27-2021, 07:06 AM
  DreamStation 2 data - non OSCAR Ponydriver 3 159 07-25-2021, 10:49 AM
  Check Oscar Data Please.... Ryd4Life 3 117 07-22-2021, 10:42 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.