Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Screen Shots
Oscar Screen Shots
Hi,

I have FINALLY gotten Oscar to work, and now I think I know how to attach the screen shots.  I'd love any interpretation you can give me, and anything I might be able to improve in my apap use.  These are last night's report and the previous night's report.

[attachment=22379]

[attachment=22378]

I'll send my sleep study in a second post.  I can't seem to add it right now.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Screen Shots
Hi again.  I will now try to load my sleep study.

[attachment=22384]

[attachment=22385]

[attachment=22388]

The study is three pages, but I had to scan them one page at a time, as this website could not take all three pages.  I don't know how to make the pages automatically appear, so you will have to click on each page to see it.

I hope someone will look at them if they understand how they may be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.   Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
@Debora K.
You may want to redact your personal info from those uploads. If necessary delete the uploads using your UCP (user control panel), make the redactions, then re-upload them

EDIT: to clarify it's the pdf's you posted
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff, thanks for your reply. If its the personal name you are referring to, that's not me, that's the nurse practioner from the referring doctor. I covered up all the personal information on me that I saw. That's why you see paperclips on the sides at the top of page one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Others that are better than I at chart reading will be along at some point soon. By the numbers, comparing the sleep study on the PDF and current treated OSCAR charts, things look pretty good. Not a lot of events, leaks are well controlled it seems, AHI is a good bit below 5.0, and etc. That covers one half of the therapy equation. The other half is how do you feel? Are there symptoms of tiredness, discomfort in using the APAP, not enough or too much air at times, etc? What aspect(s) of therapy isn't great that we can help address?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Deborah K.
Yes, I saw the redaction you mentioned. The other parts are not as obvious. I will send you a PM with the details.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SnarkyDave, thanks for your reply.  I feel fine.  The only nights I have had trouble were a couple of nights where the pressure was really high and kept waking me up.  My husband suggested I clean the long term filter and replace the short term one.  That seemed to solve it.  My AHI went back down.  I find that I have a better AHI when I stay on my back all night, rather than flipping to my side after my bathroom break.  This makes no sense to me as in my sleep study I had more apnea events when on my back, but now I do better on my back.

Do you see any indications that I should use a neck collar as many others do?  I try to use a pillow that holds my head back a little which seems to keep the numbers down.
Post Reply Post Reply
Typical reasoning behind a Soft collar would be if a group or cluster of events happen in a concentrated time or times on the sleep chart. Yours doesn't appear to me to have this. With the evidence I see, it may not be as useful as in the case of others.

If you happen to have one of those high pressure episodes, that's possibly something to look at a bit. But if your current remedy is sufficient, it'll do for the time being. Sometimes all of us have a bad night, so unless there's a trend or if it pulls how you feel down, I'd not worry about it much and chalk it up as an outlier thing. Many aspects can affect how we sleep. Obvious on the apnea aspect. Bed pillows could be considered to maximize comfort and may include those specialty ones catering to CPAP use. It's not required, but I'd put it in the comfort option to research. I myself would not change anything just to change it, because sometimes we inadvertently break what wasn't broke before.

I wish I had some big idea to give, but the best for now is keep at it. Many others will chime in at times. Maybe something said can be gleaned to make it even better.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have some new screen shots from Oscar, and hope that someone call help me understand.  I have varying AHI numbers, and can't tell what I am doing to make them different.  Here goes.

[attachment=22479]

[attachment=22480]

Any comments on what the Oscar data tells me, and what I can do to stay at really low AHIs?

Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most nights I run at a max of 10 or 11 pressure, but occasionally I have an uncomfortable night where I run as high as 17 or 18. I end up with a higher AHI and a higher leak rate, but more importantly I have a hard time staying asleep, and just don't feel well afterwards. I include last night's screen shot and the shot from the night before. Can any of you help me understand what is going on, and if there is anything I can do to avoid the uncomfortable nights?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

[attachment=23115][attachment=23116]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation 2 ramps down as soon as touch screen is touched bcodemz 3 471 10-23-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Airsense 11 how do you turn off this bloody touch screen tierdal 12 3,295 07-22-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: silverdr
  [Equipment] Screen Light - how to turn off Hopingforachange 4 2,101 04-04-2023, 01:50 AM
Last Post: zellem
  A10 Mod: Anyone Know How To Keep The Screen Bright When Lights Are Off? player 5 4,861 01-26-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Does AirMini app have a histogram screen? tfield98 5 1,063 11-15-2022, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Brentjackson
  Why is my screen stuck in therapy mode? BobbieM 0 621 08-16-2022, 09:35 PM
Last Post: BobbieM
  From where is the AS10 screen sleep data derived? Doctor 6 828 04-06-2022, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Doctor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.