Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar analysis - Excessive sleepiness after successful therapy
Oscar analysis - Excessive sleepiness after successful therapy
Hello hello! 

I come here to get some ideas on adjustments that might be able to help with my excessive sleepiness I've started to experience the last month or so. I was diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea (I don't remember my exact AHI) back in 2019, and have been using my AirSense 10 ever since. I never had any issues wearing it or adjusting to therapy, and after a few months of it, I noticed pretty moderate improvements. I would still have a bad night her or there, but over all noticed huge negative impact when I failed to wear it for a couple nights. 

The last month or so though, I don't feel like I have gotten a single good nights sleep. I've been waking up exhausted, a lot of times with headaches, but my sleep score in the myAir app is still really good. I am getting blood work done to rule out anything there, but in the meantime I decided to import my data into OSCAR! I am digging into what all of it means, but I would LOVE to get some insight on some of it! I am wondering if I need to adjust my pressure range. Yesterday before going to sleep I YOLO changed my min pressure to 7.6 cmH20 and maybe it was the placebo effect but I do feel like I slept significantly better. I'm going to attach a few nights data from OSCAR, let me know if any zoomed in graphs would be helpful!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar analysis - Excessive sleepiness after successful therapy
Interesting graphs there, you seem to be having the same kind of leak spikes that I've been having. Can you zoom in a little on those events where the leak is occurring and show us the flow rate curve? Unfortunately I don't have an answer for this yet but I'm still digging.

Kind regards,
N.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your total leak rate is 0 across the board. If you look at the y axis on the graphs, the leak spikes are all basically under 8L. Your leak rate is not an issue here. Also your flow limit numbers all look very good. I am not sure I have a good answer for you, but I will say since you have EPR 3 full time having min pressure on 4 is too low. The EPR is essentially not in effect here. So I would stick with the higher min pressure, 7 at the lowest to let that EPR take effect.
Post Reply Post Reply
The obstructive events tell me your minimum pressure is not high enough. You may consider bumping it to 9cmH20 and then raising it 1cmH20 every night until you see only 1-2 obstructive events for an 8hr period but optimally no obstructive events.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 56 975 10 minutes ago
Last Post: Little Olive
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 11 482 6 hours ago
Last Post: ef8mk
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 51 712 04-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 471 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 479 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 801 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
  OviBerger - AC11 Therapy OviBerger 3 95 04-09-2024, 09:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.