Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar and MacBook Air
Oscar and MacBook Air
            I am attempting to load data from an SD card to OSCAR.  My new MacBook Air is showing recognizing the SD card. I can click on a folder on my desktop and see the files on the card.   I can click to import the data but for some reason I am not able to get the data to transfer to the OSCAR app. If I try to click the box on the import that asks to choose folder and go to applications OSCAR is greyed out.  I have attached a photo of what happens when I double click the SD card to import. [attachment=46842][attachment=46842][attachment=46842][attachment=46842][attachment=46842][attachment=46842][attachment=46842][attachment=46842] I have done multiple searches and changed multiple settings on my computer allowing OSCAR to do about anything.  I am stuck.  
Long story short, my primary reason for wanting to use OSCAR is to check my leak rate to see if my leaks are due to mouth leaking or mask.  I'm trying to figure out if I should continue to use this "mouth glue" at night to seal my. lips or if I would be better off just using my Knightsbridge Chin Strap.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar and MacBook Air
When you try to import data From your SD card into OSCAR for the first time, just click the name of the SD card in the left pane of that Finder window and click "Open", do not select any files/folders in the right pane. Your data should import. Subsequent imports should remember the last import location.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
    Unfortunately I gave it a try and it didn't work.  I'm thinking that when I attach the SD card the information is going to my MacBook and not to my OSCAR app.  Wondering if Ventura 13.0.1 is not allowing the transfer of data for some reason.  
Does this pic help?
Post Reply Post Reply
That location is the default where OSCAR stores the data AFTER it imports it from the SD card

macOS Ventura did add some extra security measures regarding external drives and SD cards.  You have to give permission to connect to the readers now.

These two links might help:
https://developer.apple.com/documentatio...ease-notes

https://appleinsider.com/inside/macos-ve...os-ventura

Check those settings and see if it helps.

You may also want to check that OSCAR has permission to view external drives:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=44516]

Ventura has changed much of the layout of some common screens on macOS so yours may look a little different than my Monterey screenshots.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Figured it out. Thank you for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Won't load profile - Sonoma 14.4.4 MacBook Pro breathingwell 1 23 2 hours ago
Last Post: breathingwell
  SD card will not eject MacBook ejbpesca 3 694 11-23-2023, 03:09 PM
Last Post: leonking
  oscar can 't read SD card on Macbook Air harry3 3 789 08-06-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: harry3
  Opening OSCAR on a MacBook Air with OS Ventura 13.2.1 VAUser 37 2,096 04-30-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wellue O2 Ring + Macbook + Oscar 1.2 johnnyb00 18 2,548 03-16-2021, 03:07 PM
Last Post: PeteTheKat
  MacBook air DH575 6 1,153 02-07-2021, 05:37 PM
Last Post: DH575
  Can't get Oscar to import data to Macbook RoseWeissman 15 2,655 06-30-2020, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.