Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar calendar button stuck
RE: Oscar calendar button stuck
I don't think it's the magic trackpad itself. That's interesting that it could be related to touch-to-click. I'll try that next.

OSCAR doesn't currently display what version of Qt it was built with, the screenshot above is just documentation that hasn't been updated and doesn't necessarily reflect any given build.

Edit: Nice job tracking this down, @spacewrench! Touch-to-click is the key! I can now reproduce this reliably on 1.0.1. I'll tested on current builds side-by-side next.
Post Reply Post Reply
That’s all I use is touch to click spacewrench. Unless I have to press it it’s far easier to just tap away.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
I've now confirmed that this is fixed in 1.1.0 testing builds. I suspect it's due to a Qt bug in the version of 5.12 that was current when we released 1.0.1.

Thank you for reporting and helping us chase this down!
Post Reply Post Reply
I had this same problem on my 2018 MacBook Pro and reported it several months ago.

The way I replicated the issue was to click my mouse off of OSCAR - to the desktop or another app. Then the first mouse click back to OSCAR was on one of the date numbers in the calendar.  Then off to the races it would go.

I was running OSCAR V1.1.0-testing-4 on Mojave 10.14.5.  The problem was my Logitech mouse driver.  It was some unknown version, but shall I say old.  So I deleted it, took the precautions and went into the hidden files and purged all the Logitech code and reloaded the latest version.  That was a 100% cure.

Also, the older SleepyHeads did not do this with the old Logitech driver.  If memory serves... I think the coding experts here said that that particular code was a complete rewrite from the SleepyHead era.

If you are not using any Logitech drivers (BTW - it didn't care if my Logitech mouse was on or off and I used my trackpad instead of the mouse) you might look around for drivers of similar function.

BTW...  "Shift" + "Command" + "." (Period) toggles on/off revealing your hidden folders and files on Apple Computers as of High Sierra I believe. They will be slightly less intense as compared to normal files and folders for quick ID.

Ref: Return Focus to OSCAR - Repeatable Anomaly - macOS Mojave V10.14.5
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
@RayBee I tried your bug also.  Seems to be the same problem regarding the touch-to-click setting for the trackpad on my Mac.  Turn off the touch-to-click setting and the bug goes away.  Turn touch-to-click back on and the bug makes the calendar runaway under the right conditions.  Not sure about Logitech drivers unless you were using an aftermarket mouse.  Mine are all stock for my laptop using the trackpad.
Would be curious to see if you had the touch-to-click settings turned on with your Logitech mouse.....
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
These are the Trackpad settings in Preferences that I have had for many years without issue. You can see that most of them are turned on.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=18951]

And if anybody wants to know what Logitech code, and versions thereof, is lurking under the hood, and appears to work without issue with OSCAR...
[Image: attachment.php?aid=18952]

FWIW, I have had problems with another App if I turn on Apple's Zoom feature.  Preferences -> Accessibility -> Zoom -> "Use scroll gesture with modifier keys to zoom:".  The other app doesn't care which modifier key is selected, and it also has problems with third-party zoom apps as well.  The only way for the other app to work properly is to turn off Zoom and reboot.  Having said that, I have not had any problems with Zoom and OSCAR.  But others may explore issues with Zoom and Apps (or OSCAR) misbehaving.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stuck in previous pressure settings. ejbpesca 9 1,037 10-16-2023, 06:37 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  OSCAR stuck on opening kenhh 2 593 10-06-2023, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  ResScan 5.9.0.9629 Report Date Stuck Fran 2 784 10-07-2022, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Fran
  Oscar is stuck cataloging EDF files Local Girl 5 1,248 04-25-2022, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Local Girl
  Valid Range hightlighting for Overview's Popout Calendar Widgets LoudSnorer 1 543 03-05-2022, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Calendar not working? Nightynite 2 624 01-26-2022, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  OSCAR CALENDAR DATE DONT MATCH miguelrtrindade 2 656 07-05-2021, 08:19 PM
Last Post: theunk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.