Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar data from first two nights
Oscar data from first two nights
Here is the Oscar data from my first two nights of using an APAP, as well as a zoom in on some of the apneas. I am looking for assistance in changing the pressure settings. They are currently 6-16. Any help would be appreciated, thank you so much!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar data from first two nights
Welcome to the forum AuntJ Smile

You're having lots of OAs with corresponding flow limits-I'd up the min pressure to 8cm set EPR to 3 rather than 2 and raise max pressure to 17cm. I'm sure some of the other members will also chime in with their advice too!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome, please try it for a couple of nights then upload new charts, but maybe 30 minutes before bed try the new settings for five to ten minutes too see what you think. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with raising min and increasing EPR to 3cm. If this is literally your first two nights, then after that change you should try to grab a few more nights of data, because things can be turbulent and unrepresentative at the beginning; some people need a few nights to acclimate, making noise-to-signal not great.
Post Reply Post Reply
You also have positional apnea.  I've seen worse, but it would be good to get it under control to lower your AHI.  This shows up when you have O or H events clustered together on the event flags at the top of your chart.  These are caused by sleeping with your chin tucked toward your chest, causing something like a kink in a hose that blocks airflow into your nose.  No setting can fix this.  You can try sleeping on a flatter pillow, or buying and wearing a soft cervical neck collar.  If you choose the collar you might like the Caldera Releaf Collar, available on Amazon.  It's well-liked and quite comfortable.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] UARS & sleep apnea? Pls help analyze OSCAR data dashby 2 110 Yesterday, 10:40 AM
Last Post: dashby
Question [Equipment] 1st Post: 7 Yr w/Resmed Airsense 10, now not rested 3 nights w/new 11 HappyAPAPerSince2017 6 483 06-12-2024, 04:09 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  First 2 nights Narcil 35 1,927 06-11-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Treatment] Cholraj's CPAP Therapy Thread + Oscar data review aktmdn 18 1,541 06-10-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Treatment] Lowenstein Prisma OSCAR data: FL, RERA galore + extremely tired? anorthlow 29 1,142 06-06-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: anorthlow
Question [CPAP] Need help analyzing OSCAR data for low AHI vs high AHI days ceezee 3 172 06-03-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: ceezee
  [CPAP] Oscar Data Help Jacob3660 1 179 05-31-2024, 03:18 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.