Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar has suddenly lost the ability to display ANYTHING useful
Oscar has suddenly lost the ability to display ANYTHING useful
On May 3, 2021, Oscar suddenly lost the ability to display ANYTHING useful, after being used daily since September last.

Oscar does not display "Daily" (F5), "Overview" (F6), "Statistics" (F4), but if one of those is selected in the "View" menu, and then "Print Report" is selected, then either "Daily", or "Overview", or "Statistics" is printed, but NOT displayed.

Also, the breakdown of AHI types, with start/stop times of each recording session not only does not display, I can't find a way to print it.

Did a full uninstall (via Revo Uninstaller).
Downloaded "OSCAR-1.2.0-Win64.exe" and re-installed.
No difference.

Please tell me what I did wrong for Oscar to suddenly stop working, after working just fine since September 2020.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar has suddenly lost the ability to display ANYTHING useful
What are you seeing on-screen? Does the program say "nothing here" or is it just no detailed data?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Screen grab attached.    
Post Reply Post Reply
Double-click on "Terry" to open your profile. What happens then?
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like it may open something, but then nothing opens. It bongs, then the same display. The menu items along the top open ok, but otherwise unresponsive.

If I minimize then restore, it is completely blank except for "OSCAR 1.2.0 (Profile: Terry)" at the top left.
Post Reply Post Reply
...COMPLETELY blank except...
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have a password on your profile? If so, it should open a window to let you enter it.

Try just a single click on your profile to select it, then click on Open Profile over on the right side. You should see a flash of progress window saying "Loading ...(filename)" and there should be more debugging text down in the Debug Pane (very helpful that you already opened it for us!)
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also you might want to try to make a new profile...
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Both the "New Profile" and "Destroy Profile" buttons are unresponsive.
Post Reply Post Reply
Both "Open Profile" and :Edit Profile" gray and unresponsive.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Display average AHI over time period ? Bernard Flapdoodle 1 74 04-09-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
Question Ability exist to flag a chart? Plmnb 3 155 03-31-2024, 04:33 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  OSCAR lost my profiles! jtardo 13 322 03-25-2024, 07:40 PM
Last Post: jtardo
  Dell XPS-13 Laptop & OSCAR Display Resolution 44tonner 2 210 03-04-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: 44tonner
  OSCAR Lost My Profile DNowakowski 3 662 12-09-2023, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Time Display Discrepancy BeardedPAP 2 707 11-25-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: CWest
  OSCAR Lost My Profile Poolboy 6 1,097 11-03-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Poolboy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.