Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar results comparing two different masks
Oscar results comparing two different masks
I have used the FisherPaykel Simplus mask for ten years. I have been satisfied with it except for the fact that my leaks often exceeded the recommended upper limit of 24 L/min (further tightening of the straps make the mask uncomfortable). I decided to try a new mask and chose the ResMed AirTouch 20.
After receiving the new mask I wanted to compare the effectiveness of the two masks. I used Oscar and did so by switching the mask/hose assemblies about mid-way through the night. The results are shown in the Oscar data attached.
 The graphs on the left side (indicated by the break in the graph) show the results using the ResMed AirTouch 20, while the graph on the right side show the results using the FisherPaykel Simplus.
Obviously the AirTouch 20 had fewer leaks. I have a hard time evaluating the results of the other graphs. Any comments and guidance by  Apnea Board Forum users would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR results, could someone please clarify? vanillagorilla 6 221 Yesterday, 05:50 AM
Last Post: vanillagorilla
  Sharing my observations on refreshing old f30i masks erouting 9 161 07-21-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [Diagnosis] CPAP first week OSCAR results JamesMask 2 135 07-20-2024, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Help understanding results Zagi 3 165 07-16-2024, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Zagi
  Lofta Sleep Results - Need Advice strawhatluffy777 1 140 07-15-2024, 09:13 PM
Last Post: cdplatt
  New and making sense of results Sassycat 9 214 07-14-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Sassycat
  Can someone advise on these results? It was posted on my chart. Joeyk74 6 240 07-14-2024, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Narcil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.