Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar screenshot. Can anyone advise whats next?
RE: Oscar screenshot. Can anyone advise whats next?
Here's last night, with an EPR of 3.  Flow limits seems to be much better but my AHI went up slightly.
Gas in the tummy wise, quite good.

What's the priority?  Flow limit, or AHI?

Zooming it to mask pressures, it seems most of the OAs happen when the mask pressure is at the exhale pressure.
I wish the machine would go back to inhale pressures at the end of the exhale, rather than wait for an actual inhale before doing so...

Post Reply Post Reply
Priority is comfort, the ability to sleep and get a good nights rest.

I tend to favor the EPR=3 but honestly, it's a tossup. Which feels better to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
With regard to legrunt's statement "I wish the machine would go back to inhale pressures at the end of the exhale, rather than wait for an actual inhale before doing so," would the "standard" response versus "soft" response make any difference?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2021, 05:50 PM)Gideon Wrote: Priority is comfort, the ability to sleep and get a good nights rest.

I tend to favor the EPR=3 but honestly, it's a tossup.  Which feels better to you.

Ok, thanks so much for a good perspective.  I'll stick with these settings for now.
Really appreciate the time and trouble taken by everyone who's helping out in this forum.  You guys are the best!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2021, 05:53 PM)clownbell Wrote: With regard to legrunt's statement "I wish the machine would go back to inhale pressures at the end of the exhale, rather than wait for an actual inhale before doing so," would the "standard" response versus "soft" response make any difference?

I tried "soft" last night.

Anyone can comment? Seems it pushed the proportion from OSA a bit towards CA...

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think that level of CA will be an issue. But as was mentioned, comfort controls the therapy. How did it feel?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Honestly, the past few days didn't feel any different to me... Not sure if I am just an insensitive dolt or not...
Post Reply Post Reply
A small amount of Centrals should be acceptable. Just keep an eye out for a bad trend of them increasing.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2021, 09:28 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: A small amount of Centrals should be acceptable. Just keep an eye out for a bad trend of them increasing.

Right-o... Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
So I've been trying to keep an eye on the trending of CA vs OA.
Please see the attached screenshot of the month.

This was last nights data

Anything to worry about?  

When I looked into the CCTV replay at the period of about 23:40 till about 00:00, I was sleeping on my back, head facing straight up.  Then right about midnight, I turned my head towards the left, and that coincided with the stop of FLs.

Feeling wise, all the same.  Just concerned if the increase of CAs warrant a closer look.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it or not, but before the mid of Aug, I was using a DS Go, and just recently switched to the AS10 because of foamgate.  Would switching machines be the "explanation" behind the increase of CAs vs OAs?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 226 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 427 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  CPAP Data advise DaCronic072 1 310 01-02-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: DaCronic072
  Advise requested: Should I LOWER my pressure? Aknakon 21 1,169 12-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 523 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Sad [Treatment] Need help/advise after changing BiPAP Machine dnar82 6 732 09-29-2023, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Jojo07 Therapy: Whats going on with my flow rate? jojo07 6 733 09-24-2023, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.