Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar shuts down when open profile is selected.
Oscar shuts down when open profile is selected.
I have just downloaded Oscar and filled in the user profile. When I select 'open profile' Oscar shuts down. Do I have to put an entry in every box?
There are boxes on the profile page for ventilator brand, model etc. how do I fill these in?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar shuts down when open profile is selected.
G'day Bullabill.

All you need in the profile is a user name - everything else is optional. Though I do suggest you set your timezone correctly (it defaults to Samoa for some reason).

Before you click on "Open profile" make sure that you have actually selected (ie clicked on and highlighted) the profile you just created. I suspect there is a problem if you try to open a profile but it hasn't been selected.

I hope that's clear - I've confused myself now. Bug-eyed
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, DB,

I select the profile and then when 'open profile' is selected there is a very brief 'loading profile' window and then Oscar shuts down.

I wonder, too, about the 'ventilator brand, model etc. boxes - how do they get their info.?
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, that sounds like there is a problem for the developers to look at.

All the other information in the profile is added by the user (ie you). Just click in the box and type it in. Oscar uses some of this information in reports, but most of it is not actually used in any way.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2019, 05:15 AM)Bullabill Wrote: Thanks, DB,

I select the profile and then when 'open profile' is selected there is a very brief 'loading profile' window and then Oscar shuts down.

I wonder, too, about the 'ventilator brand, model etc. boxes - how do they get their info.?

Are you using Windows and do you have an older computer?  It's possible that your computers graphics driver is not compatible with the OpenGL that OSCAR is using.  Crashing when opening a profile can be caused by that.  I'll send you a PM with a script that will force OSCAR to use a version of its graphics engine to see if that is the problem.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dumb question. Did you import data into the profile?

It needs to be fixed either way.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rather then clicking open profile if you only have one click the welcome tab, then you can import data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fred, from reading above, I think Oscar is shutting down immediately the profile is opened, so there would be no opportunity to import the data.

I vaguely remember something like the happening during the development phase, but it occurred if you tried to open a profile without creating one first.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's what I was thinking of.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2019, 06:06 AM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 05:15 AM)Bullabill Wrote: Thanks, DB,

Are you using Windows and do you have an older computer?  It's possible that your computers graphics driver is not compatible with the OpenGL that OSCAR is using.  Crashing when opening a profile can be caused by that.  I'll send you a PM with a script that will force OSCAR to use a version of its graphics engine to see if that is the problem.

Thankyou GS,
I got as far as copying the script to a txt file in notepad but then no further. I must be missing a step.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing Oscar and was surprised to find my profile in the new install! I guess that info. is stored outside of the program in the computer. The new install behaves as the previous one did.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I delete a profile in Oscar? JUllian 8 2,311 04-12-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: amarnina
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 233 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  1.5.2 opens without my profile JollyJoker 2 183 03-18-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: JollyJoker
  Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why Innisfree 23 1,835 01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  OSCAR Lost My Profile DNowakowski 3 655 12-09-2023, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5 profile name dataq1 3 549 11-30-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  DST ZONE SETTING WITHIN AIRSENSE 11 PROFILE ggs5 1 571 11-13-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.