Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar upgrade not working in Windows 10
RE: Oscar upgrade not working in Windows 10
Your description and screen capture reinforce that I think OSCAR is in the process of opening your profile when something goes wrong, and something in the video support still seems likely.  I could be wrong of course....

Were you holding the SHIFT key down when you double-clicked on OSCAR to start it?

Please show me the contents of your profile directory on disk.  This will be in Documents/Oscar_Data/Profiles/Mimi (or wherever you asked Oscar to place and name your data directory). You'll see a directory there named for your machine.  I'd like to see what files and folders are in it.  Then I'd like to see what is in the Backup/DATALOG directory.

If you know how to use Windows Event Viewer, you could look there to see if there are any error messages related to OSCAR.

If you are willing to send us a zipped copy of your SD card, and another zip file of your OSCAR_Data database, we can look more closely to see if something about your data is causing your problem. Normally, I would ask you to use Help/Troubleshooting/Create zip of CPAP data card.  However, that's probably not going to work for you.  You'll need to create zip files of the SD card and the OSCAR data folder with Windows utilities.  Please name the zip file with the login name and you use here so we know who the zip file is from.

Then direct your browser to Bonjour's dropbox folder for SD cards, https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b and follow the directions for uploading your files.

Please reply to this message if you upload a file so I know to look for it.

The OSCAR Team will use your file only for analyzing your problem and for developing OSCAR.  We will never pass your data on to anyone outside of the team.  The only identifying information on the SD card is the serial number of your CPAP machine.  If we retain your file for future testing, we anonomize the file by changing the serial number in the file to a random value that can never be traced back to you.

Thanks!

Guy
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2020, 11:17 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Your description and screen capture reinforce that I think OSCAR is in the process of opening your profile when something goes wrong, and something in the video support still seems likely.  I could be wrong of course....

Were you holding the SHIFT key down when you double-clicked on OSCAR to start it?

Yes

Please show me the contents of your profile directory on disk.  This will be in Documents/Oscar_Data/Profiles/Mimi (or wherever you asked Oscar to place and name your data directory). You'll see a directory there named for your machine.  I'd like to see what files and folders are in it.  Then I'd like to see what is in the Backup/DATALOG directory.

Here is the profile directory. Where do I find the Backup/DATALOG directory?

If you know how to use Windows Event Viewer, you could look there to see if there are any error messages related to OSCAR.

I tried looking at it but didn't see anything related to OSCAR

I 'll try sending you the requested files, though the problem preceded my downloading the SD card.

I'm wondering if I somehow messed things up when I first tried the install and kept getting the message about backing up the old files but wasn't able to figure out how to do the backup. But starting from scratch didn't work either. I also discovered that the general backup I thought was working hasn't been for some time, so no chance of retrieving any of the old stuff. Sigh.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2020, 12:00 PM)bemused Wrote: Where do I find the Backup/DATALOG directory?

It is inside the Resmed_23183426736 directory.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

(05-06-2020, 12:07 PM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 12:00 PM)bemused Wrote: Where do I find the Backup/DATALOG directory?

It is inside the Resmed_23183426736 directory.

I'm uploading the zip files now -- taking a while.
Post Reply Post Reply
Files are uploaded.
Post Reply Post Reply
For what it's worth, I was able to find an old backup from February and restore the original Oscar database (I renamed the new one to keep in reserve). When I try to open Oscar I get the long off the screen message again. Pressing Enter takes me in a circle back to that same place. Typing No or closing the message box dumps me out of the program and opens two explorer windows.
Don't know if that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could you zip and upload the old database as well? Thanks!
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
It might be that it is trying to upgrade the database. But it can't find any Backup data, so if you answer No it will open the file Browser and exit OSCAR. Then you ... I'm not sure... I've always let OSCAR make its own backups... I've never tried to describe what you could do to create a fake(acceptable looking) backup folder...

That's a guess... it's hard to tell without knowing the texts of the long messages.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
For unknown reason, we didn't find your uploaded files. I'll send you a PM with an alternate location to upload to.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the data files and helping us work on your problem.

I imported your SD card using Oscar 1.0.1 on Windows 10.  I then ran Oscar 1.1.0 and it offered to update the database.  I let it do that and it updated and seemed to work properly, unlike the experience you reported.

Your Surface Book 2 should certainly run Oscar without any problems.  Is there sufficient free space on your SSD drive?

You mentioned that your font size was set to 250%.  I suspect that if you changed that to 200% you would be able to see the complete Oscar dialog that was asking if you wanted to update your database.

Here's something to try with the latest version of Oscar: rename your OSCAR_Data folder so that when Oscar starts it cannot find the database.  It should prompt you to create a database.  Decline to import SleepyHead data.  Create a new profile, then import your SD card into that new profile in its new database.

What happens?  Send a Windows screen shot of what things look like when it stops working.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2 Not Working on My Chromebook fixed it 4 237 03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,563 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  Data Files in an upgrade AlanR 2 123 03-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: AlanR
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 361 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Oscar Quit Working stillsleepy2 19 1,244 01-11-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  AirSense 10 LTE upgrade SGKent 5 718 01-07-2024, 11:52 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Windows 10 sleeper2460 2 812 11-01-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.