Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximeter Data Format & OSCAR
RE: Oximeter Data Format & OSCAR
Withao,
Would you plz list the steps to d/l from Android to a google drive or other folder?
I'm having the same USB connections issues. I tried sending the csv to my drive, but it's not showing up.

TY, MHR
Post Reply Post Reply
To import the binary data for OSCAR (do import from CPAP machine before oximeter) (If Windows app worked the following steps would not be needed!)

For best results start your oximeter after you've started your CPAP device and stop before you stop your CPAP device so its times are within the CPAP's times.

1) Connect your phone to computer with appropriate cable.
2) Double click on This PC  icon or whatever icon gets you to your computers file system.
3) You should see your phone under Devices and drives.
4) Double click on your device, then Internal storage, then Android, then Data.  Look for com.viatom.vihealth and double click it then double click files. You'll see files with names like O2M_20221202222118 where 2022 is the year, 12 is the month and 02 is the day.  The remaining digits represent the time.  Click on the file and then Ctrl/C or right click and pick Copy.  Go to a directory on your hard drive and right click and pick Paste.  You can now go into OSCAR and click on the Data top menu and pick Import Viatom/Wellue Data.  Navigate to the file you imported from oximeter and pick Open.  It should import the oximeter data and merge with the CPAP data and you'll see SpO2, Movement, and Pulse Rate added to your OSCAR data.

Note: You'll have more than one binary if your sleep session exceeds 10 hours (I'm in bed but not sleeping for around 10 hours).  The first one will be dated when you started and the second one when it closed the first one and started the second one.  So import the first one and then the second one.  You'll also have to export the two as .csv if you're using Excel.

To import .csv if you want to use Excel to view data:

I had some issues this morning with Android.  After you choose the import and click on the Export button (curved arrow), choose Save as CSV and pick Drive, it should say it's exporting the data.  The key is to leave the app running and not exit it before it completes the export.  It will show up on your computer on the Google Drive at some point.  I kept exiting the app before it complete the upload.  You can also email it and read it with email app and save the file to your hard  drive.  When you get it on your drive make sure it has an extension of .csv (might have to add it) so you know what kind of file it is and when you can double click on it to bring up Excel.

Best of luck
Post Reply Post Reply
withtao - When multiple files are present, either for copying or importing into OSCAR, select the range of files you wish to copy/import, then execute your desired function. OSCAR has the capability to import multiple days or times in one step.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
(11-29-2022, 10:02 AM)withtao Wrote: Discovered that the Android app can export the data to a Google Drive, which makes it one step and it works all of the time vs intermittent using Windows app.

Are you still able to do this? My viHealth app got updated to version 2.74.43 and now only offers a PDF or CSV file for up load. No option to up load the actual data file.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi redhermes!  -  Welcome
You are correct.  The v2.74 creates the binary file after you view it on your Android.  They also, have added a ".dat" suffix to the file that is not currently recognized by OSCAR.    I found these files at: \Phone\Android\data\com.viatom.vihealth\files.  I had 2 folders under this path, named "17" and "31" that contained the binary data files.  The database was located at: \Phone\Android\data\com.viatom.vihealth\files\ViHealth\PlusebitO2.db.  There is an SQL script available here on the board, that will extract the data and create the binary files, without the ".dat" suffix.  OSCAR will read these.

If you import the newer ".dat" files to your PC, just rename them without the suffix.  Depending on the OS your PC is using, simple renaming commands will work.

I have since turned off my auto update for this app, and loaded v.2.63 back in to avoid all this mess.

We have a ViHealth thread in the Software Support Forum. Here is the link: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...pp-warning

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
After the update I couldn't find the binary, but luckily got a newer version of the Windows app and it downloaded the binary to a directory of my choice.  After reading the previous post I looked and found a bunch of .dat files under 11/host!

I also found the .db but get an error if I try to copy it to my Windows machine.

ViHealth really blew this one.
Post Reply Post Reply
No big deal but I have a Viatom Checkme O2 Max 5900, which I sync to my iPhone SE2020 running IOS 15.5 with the ViHealth app. The computer I'm using is a Dell XPS 8940 desktop running Windows 11 Enterprise. I am unable to load the O2 Insight Pro software onto my desktop. When I try, I get an "unable to load" error. I assume it's because I'm running Enterprise 11 (not supported according to the device literature). I wrote Viatom Support re that and the fact that the finger sensor is too large for even my thumb, although the measurements suggest that it should fit (I'm using a clip to tighten the back of the sensor in order to get green PI readings); they wrote back to suggest a KidsO2 finger sensor (which I think would be too small, based on the measurements) but did not respond re the software issue.

When I attach my iPhone to my desktop via the USB cable, I access the phone through iTunes...and can find no Viatom files or ViHealth files...possibly because I can't load O2 Insight Pro. Or maybe something else (I've run a computer-wide search using the Checkme O2 binary file name and nada)....maybe an iPhone-to-Windows issue?

In any event, I just email the Checkme O2 binary file from my phone to myself, then pick up the file on my desktop and dump it into a folder...and then import into OSCAR via the Data/Import Viatom/Vellvue Data pathway. This isn't as elegant as accessing directly from the phone but it's simple and syncs beautifully with my AirCurve ResMed data. If there is a way I can get the files directly from my iPhone from my computer, do let me know. But I'm OK with my workaround. For some, this may be a simpler approach although others may be concerned about using email for the data.

Cheers!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the welcome and for the advice. I'm still working on it but now I have hope.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2022, 06:09 PM)purplebear Wrote: When I attach my iPhone to my desktop via the USB cable, I access the phone through iTunes...and can find no Viatom files or ViHealth files...possibly because I can't load O2 Insight Pro. Or maybe something else (I've run a computer-wide search using the Checkme O2 binary file name and nada)....maybe an iPhone-to-Windows issue?

Fired up my iPod, attached it to my Windows machine, only shows pictures.  Fired up iTunes on Windows and it saw my iPod, but no programs that can transfer between the two.  iTunes said my iPod had an update so I said go for it.  Well it said it couldn't do it and now my iPod is hung, can't turn it off, can't get to main screen.  Oh well, fortunately I don't use the iPod.

My Android shows most its storage to Windows when its hooked up via USB.

Oh well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 96 2 hours ago
Last Post: rygonzo93
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,300 Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 263 Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 17 1,487 04-13-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 115 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 387 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.