Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximeter Information Viatom
Oximeter Information Viatom
I am 75 years old and haven't had a restful night's sleep in over 40 years. I have many arousals during the night when I am aware I am awake. I have had more than 1/2 dozen PSGs over the years and all show treatable AHI levels above 5/hr but not by a very large amount like some. The PSG tests show no stage 3 sleep. I dread trying to sleep and when I finally give up trying I feel like I have been in a war zone with shelling all night. I wake with a headache and live with hypersomnia. A few years ago I tried a Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP for 6 months, both with and without O2, which caused treatment-emergent central apneas so I quit. I have been using O2 for many years which helps keep my O2 desaturations above 90%, which helps a little with how I feel during the day compared to without O2, but I still don't get any restful sleep. I have been trying a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV, for the last couple of weeks with O2 but I am feeling even worse than with O2 alone. I suspect the variable delivery of O2 with the ASV is part of the problem as I seem to have deeper desaturations than with O2 alone.

When reviewing my daily view on my Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV with O2 combined with my Wellue O2 ring data there may be 0 AHIs but in the left-hand column it may say:

Oximeter Information

Viatom 

SpO2 Desaturations: 64 (25.34%) 9.55/h
Pulse Change events: 314 (10.31%) 46.86/h
SpO2 Baseline Used: 97.00%

I have looked in the oximetry preferences settings and I am unable to figure out what parameters trigger the reporting of these 64 SpO2 desaturations: 64 or Pulse Change events: 314. I am using the default settings in OSCAR. Could someone tell me what parameters trigger these numbers for SpO2 desaturations and Pulse Change events? If I knew how to upload a sample OSCAR file combined with my Wellue O2 data I would but I am not sure where to find the file.

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximeter Information Viatom
I tweaked my OSCAR setting for oximeter to SpO2 4% for 8s and pulse 14 bpm for 8s. I don't pay too much attention as I export my daily oximeter to .csv and import into Excel and do summaries there.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximeter Information Viatom
Thanks but my problem is many, many awaking arousals that are under the thresholds for Apnea/hypopnea. I suspect are RERA (respiratory effort related arousals) which is why I wondered what parameters triggered the 60 plus arousals and 300 plus pulse events in the:

Oximeter Information

Viatom 

SpO2 Desaturations: 64 (25.34%) 9.55/h
Pulse Change events: 314 (10.31%) 46.86/h
SpO2 Baseline Used: 97.00%
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 76 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 147 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 192 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,408 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 155 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 611 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 232 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.