Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximeter With Oscar Question
Oximeter With Oscar Question
I got a pulse oximeter model Contec CMS50F which is supposedly compatible with OSCAR. 
I ran the Import Wizard and it wasn't detected. 

Does anybody have experience with this oximeter and connecting with OSCAR?
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximeter With Oscar Question
Did you use the cable that came with the oximeter?

Which OS are you using?  If this is a new purchase you may need to install the drivers.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I attached the USB cable to my Windows 10 desktop.

I didn’t think to install the drivers. I’ll check into that. 

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
I own one and use it. The main reason I found for having a problem with importing is the clock of the meter and Cpap have to be the same. The second option on my menu is to use the Cpap clock. It says something about they were started at or near the same time. I am away from my computer and don’t remember the exact wording but it has worked using that selection.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Stacey.

The watch part of my oximeter has a "Time" selection. Within that group, I can set the time and date manually, which I've done. The very first selection in "Time" is "Set Time" yes or no. 

I don't see anything about using the CPAP clock. Is there a way or need to connect the watch to my ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset? I thought the cable from the watch to my computer USB port would be the way to transmit the oximetry data since it records during the night. I must be missing something here. 

The user manual is less than helpful. It's obviously from a foreign land Rolleyes and the instructions for updating the driver aren't accurate either. I'm fairly familiar with using Windows Device Manager and updating drivers, but this device is nowhere to be found.

This can't be that complicated.  Dont-know

Post Reply Post Reply
Sometime in the past year a newer version of the CMS50F became available. It looks like it uses a nicer menu screen, and it uses a new USB protocol for transferring data.
The display looks like this:

The OSCAR team has not yet decoded this protocol, because none of us have had one in hand to work with.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
“The OSCAR team has not yet decoded this protocol, because none of us have had one in hand to work with.”

Yeah, lucky me. It looks like I’m sporting the newer version. That looks just like mine.

Well, I’m a patient guy. As long as the fix is ready by tomorrow, it’s all good.  Big Grin

Thanks for the info pholynyk.

Post Reply Post Reply
All is not lost. While you currently are unable to use the direct import feature in OSCAR, you can import the ".SpO2" files that the Contec software creates. The only problem with this avenue is the SpO2 Assistant, or its newer name, places a protection bit on the directory it uses to hold these files and will not allow OSCAR direct access. The workaround for this is to create a subfolder in your documents folder and move these files to the new location. You then would point OSCAR to the new location when importing the data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The menu I am talking about is in Oscar when you download. One option is to use the watch “clock” the other is to use the Cpap. Use the Cpap.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Ahh, I see, Crimson Nape. 
So, I just have to trick the software a bit to get it to work. 

Good info. Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 107 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 147 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 192 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,408 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 156 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 612 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 233 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.