Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximetry Without Inputting Data Into SleepyHead?
Oximetry Without Inputting Data Into SleepyHead?
I'm trying to keep my life simple and I am wondering whether I can still get substantial value from collecting oximetry data even if I don't sync that data into SleepyHead or related programs. To focus this a bit more, I'll ask three specific questions:

1) Once I have the oximetry data, and work out the bugs and hassle in acquiring it, how much more effort and headache is involved in getting that data into SleepyHead?

2) Can I get substantial value from oximetry data simply by displaying the data on a table (or however it displays on its own), and then (based on the time) visually comparing the oxygen saturation numbers with waveform events in SleepyHead, assuming the events are not too close together?

3) Even if I don't compare the oximetry data with the SleepyHead waveforms at all, could it still be very valuable to consider oximetry data as stand-alone information: a kind of separate stream of mental input for trying to understand if I'm improving, worsening, or staying the same?

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximetry Without Inputting Data Into SleepyHead?
Sure you can use it alone. Your just checking to ensure your O2 levels aren't dropping too low. If you buy a recording oximeter that you can wear on your wrist it'll come with it's own software. I know the one I have can also be uploaded into sleepyhead with little fuzz. But you could print it out and just compare it to sleepyhead charts also. I only use mine about once a month or two. I have to back track after seeing your other post. I'm pretty sure the software that came with my oximeter was windows only. That might be a sticking point.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
So just out of curiosity what are normal O2 levels anyway? How much is too low? The Reason I ask is that I just bought a CMS50D+.
Post Reply Post Reply
Depends on who you talk to. Medicare uses 88% as their cutoff. Most Doctors will say anything below 92% - 90% is too low.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2017, 09:26 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Medicare uses 88% as their cutoff.

Cutoff from what?
Post Reply Post Reply
Medicare uses at or below 88% for 5 minutes or more non-continuous to determine if they'll approve supplemental Oxygen.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Normal sleeping O2 is 92 or above. Some sources believe 90 or above is good.

What you want to look for in your oximeter data is
how low do you go,
how long do you stay there,
and how often does it happen.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
HD - Three ideas:

1) just try googling that;
2) You can also use the search engine right here at the forum to see what you can find in terms of people's other posts; maybe click no the search in title only button, and use a term like "normal oxygen" or "normal O2" (or add the word levels, but that might narrow the results a bit)'
3) If you need more details, and can't find an existing post, you can post a new question

A favor: please don't pursue this question at this thread. I'd like to keep it focused on the title of the thread and the questions I asked. No offense intended at all. Just trying to get the info I want without diversion. Good luck on your pulse oximeter path!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Symptoms] Transitional CSA - oximetry freaking me out. How low is too low? Apprenticepragmatist 8 732 02-27-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Diagnosis] Need help with Pulse Oximetry monitoring results NickAsleepPol 1 438 11-14-2023, 05:14 AM
Last Post: NickAsleepPol
  Would like to add Pulse Oximetry to my monitoring Boreas 3 590 11-13-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Boreas
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,583 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  Chronic Fatigue despite good CPAP and Oximetry statistics. MoldyBagel 2 648 08-27-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MoldyBagel
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.