Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oxygen Concentrator information
Oxygen Concentrator information
Many of us use an Oxygen Concentrator in addition to our cpap equipment. Would anyone like to pass on their thoughts ?

I have found what I use has been very helpful.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oxygen Concentrator information
I'm not certain what info you're exactly looking for. I've done a bit of research into the POC or portable oxygen concentrator group. Since my doctor says I don't need one yet, I have yet to use and/or own one. Researching devices, Respironics, ResMed, Inogen rank pretty highly, depending on if you need pulse or not. Most of our CPAP devices have an alternate hose available with an oxygen bib for connection.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oxygen Concentrator information
They have luggable ones, think carry on suitcase and maybe 40 pounds. These can be moved around the house and can use a 50 foot hose. I bought one brand new for $700 and another used one off craigslist for $100. standards ones provide 0-5LPM and some can go up to 10LPM

There are portable ones also and you need to be careful if you are going to use these to inject O2 into your CPAP mask hose. You have to get one that does continuous flow, up to 3LPM. There is also a pulse mode but these will not detect your inhale and therefore will not trigger the puff (pulse) of O2. I can use both while not on CPAP, but some resist the pulse mode kind. These kind are $1500 used and up to $3600 new. Rechargeable batteries that do not last very long are quite expensive (close to $400 each). You can roll these around or carry them like a backpack, also good for on airplanes

Oh and the craigslist low cost ones of "oxygen bars" only increase the O2 concentration by 2-3 percent and IMHO are not worth much if anything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 788 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 996 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 392 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
Question Started CPAP treatment - Would like advice on my sleep study and OSCAR information Mythique 27 2,861 01-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 585 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,141 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Is there a standrad for Oxygen Desat Events. dataq1 3 447 12-27-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.