Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oxymeter Checkme O2 Pro: desaturation events and cardiac events
Oxymeter Checkme O2 Pro: desaturation events and cardiac events
Good morning all, 
I am turning to you to find out if anyone has used the viatom O2 Pro checkme and what they think about it: reliability, comfort, daily use etc. 
It is difficult to obtain a Contec oximeter of the CMS 50 F or I series in France, and it must be said that I already have a Checkme Pro device which acts as an ECG but also as an oximeter and indicates the number of decreases in O2 below 90% and their total duration, lower limit and Average in O2. But that's all . No O2 desaturation i.e. 4% drop in O2 for 10 seconds and no cardiac events i.e. Heart rate change of 6 ppm for 8 seconds for example. And that's what I expect from an oximeter. This is why I turn to other types of oximeters more dedicated to oximetry. 
I have seen in several catalogs that the Checkme O2 pro report only mentions the Average O2%, the lower limit and the number of O2 drops below 90% but not the various desaturation events, nor the cardiac events . In short, like my Checkme Pro. 

Other questions: is there a difference between the O2 checkme and the O2 Pro checkme. Are both supported by Oscar? 
Oscar, does it support the cardiac event count for the CMS 50 series contec? 
Can someone send me the Oscar reports from these two oximeters to see if O2 desaturation events and cardiac events are supported. 
In the absence of the contec CMS 50 F or I, can we use another contec such as the CMS D for sleep recordings? 

Lots of questions running through my lost head that I currently don't have answers to. Your answers would help me a lot to better target the choice of my product and meet my needs .
Thank you in advance for your return 
The Galibier
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oxymeter Checkme O2 Pro: desaturation events and cardiac events
Apologies, my post has nothing to do with it and should be in the forum section as stated above, since this is not an assessment but simple questions.

On the other hand, many of my questions have their answers in this thread itself. But I have not yet familiarized myself with the site and it must be said that I did not take the time to take a good look at the site, which is actually very well done.

I will pick up on questions that I did not get answered later in the forum.

My apologies and Thank you to all the contributors who share their experiences with us. 

Apology-2 The Galibier
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oxymeter Checkme O2 Pro: desaturation events and cardiac events
Moved this thread from the Reviews Forum to Main Forum.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 347 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,398 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 265 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 176 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 268 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  AHI vs Desaturation -which is more important? vwboop 1 151 03-08-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.