Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 vs Amara View
RE: P10 vs Amara View
Got the Small and gave it a try.
It did seem to fit better, but I woke up a few times with a part of the mask "flapping up" and blocking one nostril.

Again, right side was fine, but after rolling to my left side leaks became an issue... though not nearly as bad as the Medium.
Again, I ended up having it a bit too snug for comfort. Part of the problem is as I relax, my chin drops, which loosens the lower part of the mask (same for any FF or Nasal headgear)

Quote:the strap at the close side of the breathing slot should sit flat against your upper lip and not the under side of your nose
I'm not sure what you're saying. The mask fits the way it fits, and with both the medium and small, it's on the ragged edge of leaking along the sides of my nose and blowing up into my eyes.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
you can get the mask to sit several ways, not all are good. that strap near the breathing hole can go one of two places.
1. flat against the underside of your nose, blocking air from going in and out (not good)
2. flat against the top of you upper lip, leaving the breathing slot to position directly where it should be to not block the air flow.
put the mask on and if you can see that little strip covering the top of your upper lip you have it on correctly

The Amara view, like few others, inflates and seals around the lower outside edge of you nose. This makes it very sensitive to where you put your nose. I would suggest that if you are having lots of leaking, then chances are you nose is not in the best position. Sometime when you are not trying to go to sleep, put the mask on and try slightly different positions and see if you can find a better position.

When I first started I was having fits trying to get the mask right. I went back into my DME, she walked up, slapped the mask on my face, turned on the CPAP, pulled the mask out and down slightly and bingo no leaks. She was like "what?".
Post Reply Post Reply
The leakage around the nose is easy enough to correct (it sounds like the small mask is simply too small, causing the tip of my nose to push the mask too far forward).
My problem is when I roll to my left side, I get leakage at about the 07:30 position.
I can reach behind my head and slip the crosspiece of the strap to the right and help... but then a few minutes later I awaken with another leak in the same area.

This is the same problem that I had with the Quattro Air... I'm going to try an Airtouch F20... The Amara View just doesn't work for my face.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 348 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Looking for Help Interpreting OSCAR Daily View timfik 4 585 11-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: timfik
  CT Angiography - 3D Airway view reconstruction fotjon 2 403 09-15-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: fotjon
  [Pressure] Recently Diagnosed, Please view my charts DumDum90 4 574 06-06-2023, 12:23 AM
Last Post: DumDum90
  Dry mouth with Amara View capecodoma 16 4,732 04-10-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: chuckinca
  Buying AirSense 11 online, is it possible to have it registered to Air View? Spartan 1 758 11-29-2022, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Amara View Mask jimbo1199 2 585 10-02-2022, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Brazen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.