Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PLEASE help with settings for ASV coming tomorrow. OSCAR data attached.
RE: PLEASE help with settings for ASV coming tomorrow. OSCAR data attached.
Thank you for the response. Am a little hopeless at the moment in my delerium. I do have an old oxygen concentrator and maybe adding that to the Resmed with an adapter will be something to try.
Will do this again with the ASV tonight, but if you are correct and this is not OA or CA, I will have no idea what to do : (
Post Reply Post Reply
If you rely on supplemental oxygen in the daytime, you will require it at night at a higher bleed rate. I wrote this wiki to give you some insights on how we titrate an oxygen bleed with positive pressure therapy. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._with_CPAP

The objective of an oxygen bleed is to raise the fraction of inspired oxygen (FiO2) to a level that allows maintenance of normal oxygen saturation while using therapy. We have to account for substantial dilution air that results from the high flow of ASV due to the venting of the mask and leaks. This is unlike the use of a cannula which delivers high concentrations of oxygen directly to the nose without dilution air. The wiki explains better. We should discuss why you require supplemental oxygen and it normal prescribed dose.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did not mean to mislead you but I do not use oxygen, a friend gave a machine to borrow in case it was needed, based on the O2 desaturations. Was not sure if I should try it.
And the surges I had mentioned were not from the ASV but kind of like sudden extreme adrenalin rushes/surges, followed by a minute or so of tremors and O2 desaturation and the feeling of needing air. It is usually seems more severe or pronounced when trying to sleep but am awake (but I cannot say anything with certainty anymore, other than what the data shows).
Getting desperate at this point as I am declining quickly in body and mind. Very appreciative of your empathy though...
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for clarification. Anxiety is a bad trap. Try to avoid falling into it. You are tired and that is feeding your anxiety. If your health problems are as severe as your mind is leading you to believe, you probably need to find professional health treatment rather than self-treatment.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Anxiety just started today with the real-world results of the ASV. I was so hopefull that this would be the fix. Your explanations (even though you do not mean them to be - i.e. I do not have OA or CA) has taken some fight out of me. I do not understand about tidal volume and some of the other things and your indication that some of what is showing does not make sense leaves a feeling of dread. Guess that is normal (or not?).

Would like to give you a donation if you have a link for yourself. If not today, maybe tomorrow. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't personally take donations, but the costs of running this website and the server are paid by Supersleeper from member donations. Thee is a donate button at the bottom center of this page and it is very appreciated.

If you have some more information from a full night of use we might be able to tell more. When you compare ASV to your previous therapy, what are your impressions so far? Better, worse, different? What is the pressure doing that we might be able to improve? As far as awakening from a panic or jolt of adrenaline, if you can mark when this happens by briefly removing the mask to cause a large leak, we can look at closeups of how those events evolve to see if we're missing something.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
#1) I have been trying to donate though Paypal on your web portal  (https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_but...YSPHUMGPX2) and it goes to a page to add the amount but then just hangs on an a spinning circle with "Please wait..." below that. Does anyone know if there is an issue?

#2) Sleeprider: I had a parent pass away and things have been nothing short of crazy. Last time we spoke, the ASV was not working well at all. I adjusted the PS MAX down to about 12.2 and the oxygen desaturation has gone from severe hypoxia to hypoxia. That is obviously a good thing. The absolutely inexplicable part is what happens when awake and trying to sleep. You had seen one of my reports with a median Tidal Volume of around 1,000 and median respiration rate of around 9 and you thought it an aberration. I have attached some actual examples of these events showing it is happening every time I try to sleep, which include 'jolts' to the system like adrenal rushes and SpO2 levels plummeting to severe hypoxia ranges. This happened prior to the ASV but I had no markers or data to show things like Tidal Volume or Resp rates. Are Tidal Volumes higher when awake? Have you seen anything like this before?

Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2023, 04:21 PM)hopeforusall Wrote: #1) I have been trying to donate though Paypal on your web portal  (https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_but...YSPHUMGPX2) and it goes to a page to add the amount but then just hangs on an a spinning circle with "Please wait..." below that. Does anyone know if there is an issue?

So sorry to hear about your parent's passing.  This is undoubtedly a stressful time for you.  I have prayed that you and your family will have peace and comfort.

Thank you so much for for considering donating to Apnea Board.  Sorry for the issues you experienced.  Not sure what happened exactly, but it seems to be working now.  Sometimes the connection between you and PayPal is poor, which can cause this issue, or could have been PayPal itself.  No way to really tell for sure.

If it happens again, I would simply close that window and open a new window to try again in a minute or two.  Most of these problems don't last more than a minute or two if it's a connection issue.

Alternatively, if PayPal is not working for you, if you're using a credit card, you can click on our credit card donation link, here:  http://bn.plus/S09wYg

Hope this helps.   Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the kind thoughts Supersleeper! Yes, very stressful, combined with the severe sleep issues that I and many of us here face every night.

The Paypal link is still giving the endless circle (screenshot attached).

I see you have that credit card page but I am not sure who the processor is for this. I am just a little concerned giving financial information to an unknown. Do you have any info on that?
Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The credit card page uses buynowplus.com on the front end and the Stripe system on the backend.  Stripe is a very established and trusted payment processing company that is worth $94 billion in 2023, with over 8,000 employees.   Many favor Stripe over PayPal for reliability, trust and ease of use.  It's just that most folks haven't heard of Stripe, since the work they do is all on the backend, where customers don't see the nuts and bolts of what occurs when they use it.  BuyNowPlus is only the front-end (provides the web-based interface).  They have no role in the processing of your donation, other than being the graphical user interface to Stripe.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 100 8 hours ago
Last Post: rygonzo93
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,314 Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 267 Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 186 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 133 04-15-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 115 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 387 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.