Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PR Dreamstation Preheat Mode Missing
PR Dreamstation Preheat Mode Missing
Hello,

I'm a week into CPAP therapy and dealing with congestion when I take the CPAP off. I have been attempting to try different humidity settings to see if it would help. I discovered I do not have a preheat option on my machine. I have a PR Dreamstation Auto CPAP with heated tube and humidifier.

Any idea why I'm missing this feature?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PR Dreamstation Preheat Mode Missing
This is a feature of Resmed machines, and I thought Philips had it in the Dreamstation. There is a lot that functions better and easier on a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, like an auto-pressure algorithm that actually prevents events rather than reacts to them, a true bilevel implementation of exhale pressure relief instead of the weird flex, and an auto-on and off function that actually works quickly. Had you joined here before getting a machine you would have insisted on a Resmed rather than Philips. Your Dreamstation will work fine, but get a clinical manual and see where this feature hides.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Dreamstation has the preheat option, but my husband's does not.  Mine's newer than his - got it at the very end of December 2019.  Maybe yours is an older model, even if your just got it.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
LBTRS,
You may have to "enable" the preheat option while in the Clinicians Menu. If you need that manual, order it here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

My daughter had a DreamStation and it had a preheat option.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is weird that all the documents and instructions mention this feature but mine doesn't have it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2021, 03:03 PM)OpalRose Wrote: LBTRS,
You may have to "enable" the preheat option while in the Clinicians Menu.  If you need that manual, order it here:  

My daughter had a DreamStation and it had a preheat option.

You're right, I had to turn on "advanced menus" in the clinicians menu. Thanks so much.

I did order a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset since that seems to be the favorite around here. Really appreciate everyone's help so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your welcome, glad it worked out.
Don't forget to update your profile when you get your new ResMed.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 124 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 338 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 223 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 311 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Philips Replacement Devices - No PREHEAT or AUTO-OFF malabarflash 0 244 01-27-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: malabarflash
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 492 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 400 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.