Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips Respironics Bipap Auto SV, cards and settings
Philips Respironics Bipap Auto SV, cards and settings
Not my machine, so forgive my ignorance!

Using Philips Respironics Bipap Auto SV Advanced System 1

I gave my SD card (Card A) to my provider so they could change the settings, which they did. I have it back, but have not put it back in the machine yet. The machine currently has no card in it at all.

I want to be able to revert back immediately to my current settings if the new settings don't work well. (This is a MUST; long story, complicated, other serious health issues etc)

It's my understanding that if you insert an appropriately formatted SD card, with settings, into the machine, then the settings get copied from the card to the machine. (That's how I'm getting the new settings from the provider to the machine, so it must work that way.)

I have another SD card (Card B). I want to use that card to store my current settings. So my question is, how do I get the current machine settings to transfer over to Card B?  (Remember, there's NO card in the machine right now)

Incidentally, Card B appears to have been used in the machine some time ago, but I have no idea what's on it. I would prefer to just wipe it clean to be safe. I want to be confident that Card B gets the current machine settings, and that subsequently, if the new settings (on Card A) are not appropriate, then I can get my current settings back by inserting Card B.
How do I format Card B? Just use a Windows PC?

Thanks in advance Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Respironics Bipap Auto SV, cards and settings
It is a special file that the CPAP will see when it is inserted. This file will remain on the SD card, and even if you change the settings back, it will read the ones in the file and set the CPAP back to them. If you have another card that has the current files from this CPAP, compare all the file names of both cards and find the one that only appears on the DME modified one. That should be the setting file.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Arrow 
Thanks for the answer.  However, I don't have a card with the current settings. In hindsight, I should have gotten the DME, before changing the settings on Card A, to copy the current settings to Card B. I think I've gotten them to do that in the past, but didn't think to do it this time.

So if I understand you correctly, there's no way to insert a "blank" SD card and have the machine transfer its settings to the card. It's always going to be a one-way transfer (machine to card) ?

If that's the case, I'll have to look at other options. The DME probably has a record of the old settings; if not, I can bring the machine in for them to get them. Either way, it's not the end of the world, but I had hoped for a DYI solution because (a) I could do it tonight, and (b) the DME recently started charging for each visit Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
Before you insert the new card, stick a blank SD card in your CPAP. This will create all the necessary files. You can then compare the two.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 4,954 Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Last Post: btreger
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,456 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Optimal Settings on iBreeze BiPAP to reduce FL ewriter 2 45 Yesterday, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,218 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 156 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 228 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,854 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.