Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips Respironics DreamStation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced Machine
Philips Respironics DreamStation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced Machine
I have the new Philips Respironics DreamStation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced Machine. Turns out that Oscar will not read the SD card. does anyone have any idea what program can read the data off this SD card. Oscar says they do not have enough data yet to adapt their program to it. This device only came to market in April of this year.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Respironics DreamStation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced Machine
Off the SD card? I don't think any program is ready to read this yet. For OSCAR, an emphasis on YET.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It cannot come quick enough.  DreamMapper app gives little or no information.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do hope that you know that we fully realize that.
Orchasetrator is PR' new program to read that data, we don't have that either.

Rest assured that OSCAR will have a release as soon as it is ready.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,

I do own the latest dreamstation 2 and i do read in wiki that more data required. How can i contribute?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your offer, and for reminding me that the wiki was slightly outdated.

We have enough sample data for now and simply need to figure out which encryption algorithm they're using.

I've updated the wiki accordingly, along with pointers for any programmers who'd like to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Howdy.   Any idea as to whether the DS2 encryption is just 'best practices' motivated, or specifically to confound OSCAR et al? Or to put it more naively, has anyone on the development team just directly asked Philips what encryption algorithm (and I suppose key?) they are using?

Meanwhile, I'll continue wandering The Interwebs in search of methods or tools for identifying how a mystery stream has been encrypted . . .

Regards-- JT
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pretty sure Philips won't answer these questions. Why? Just my guess, but they might have an agreement with their customers that things need encrypted so those evil consumers can't read the data. That is dangerous and only the doctor shall decide your pressures, even when Dr. Dolittle gets it wrong 99.99999999%.

And you must wait weeks for the appointment to change one pressure setting, and with a big wad of cash for the boat payment. Every single time you need a pressure change!

Customer defined as the DME, Lincare, Rotech, Apria, etc.

Consumer defined as the people with Apnea that wear the mask and would dangerously use OSCAR to read data and change their settings.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all, just trying to find out if any progress has been made in getting data from the DS2 into OSCAR. I'm on the fence about getting my de-foamed DS1 replaced, and this is one of the primary factors for me. I had a look on gitlab and it appears that the decryption efforts haven't been successful thus far. Anyone here have more details? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
This came to light from the CPAP Reviews FB group.
If you go to healthIT.gov and search for Information Blocking, it would appear that any vendors that block or encrypt a patient’s access to his data would be in violation of the CARES act which mandates that patients have access to their data. Anyone who gets a machine that prevents data access should file a complaint with Philips for DS2 and with Resmed for AS11, and also file a complaint with the US government. That might be more effective than asking nicely and being told to pound sand as seems to be the case so far, although the response might be different with some teeth behind the request.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 263 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Getting message "Your Resmed CPAP machine has not been tested yet". It's AirSense 11. PurpleOx 32 4,283 03-07-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR advanced viewing options dfunk 2 459 12-11-2023, 05:53 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  Resmed 11 CPAP Machine Jose Castro 3 693 11-02-2023, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Missing graphs, Philips BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 SenatorBirch 7 649 10-22-2023, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Philips Care Orchestrator & Patient Access(?) StratCat48 10 5,239 10-17-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: The Rog
  how to use CPAP data to compute RDI with machine that doesn't report RERAs? TryingToGetItRight 3 632 09-29-2023, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.