Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips Respironics DreamStation check power
Philips Respironics DreamStation check power
I have a Philips Respironics DreamStation which has worked well for about 2 years now. On Friday 06 Nov 2020 I switched on and it displayed the usual  Opening Image then Menu Icons on the Screen but after a few seconds a larger Icon appeared "check power" with the image of a Power Brick (PSU) appeared but nothing worked although the Screen remained on for a while and the On/Off switch symbol flashed on and off.  I tried unplugging the PSU, leaving it for a few hours then plugged it back in but it went through the same boot up process and displayed "check power" again and would do nothing.

I then checked the Power Brick with a DVM and it showed 12.25 VDC off load.  I then tried a Laptop PSU of my own with the correct type of plug but with the same result.

Is this fault truly related to the Power Brick that came with the DreamStation in which case I can afford to buy a replacement or is it an internal fault on the Printed Circuit Board, a faulty Sensor, a non functional Internal Battery, the Internal Blower failing or whatever? I am an Electronics Technician so I understand Circuitry etc but I have not opened the Unit.  I have downloaded the User Manual but is there a Servicing and Repair Manual for this CPAP Unit? If this failure message is spurious is there a way to Reboot the Unit or Force a Boot up as is possible with many Computers and Electronic Equipment?

I'm  rather new here so if this post is on the wrong Forum please advise me and I will cut and paste it to the correct one.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Respironics DreamStation check power
There are Service Manuals for the DreamStation in the Private Files and Links Forum.
Good luck... hope that helps!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I'll look there.
Post Reply Post Reply
My situation is a mirror of yours, including when you started cpaping except i left my machine on with power supply error message and about 6 hours i got a message that now says "the attached power supply does not support humidification" and appears to run, i have not tried it with water yet.  i appreciate all the work you are doing on this issue.  my machine worked fine until last night when i reset it up after a 1000 mile trip from my sisters house, i guess the power supply had a rough journey.  Looks like it could be a power supply issue which is kinda surprising, have worked with hundreds of electronics and bad power supply is unusual to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Depending on the length of time you've owned the PAP, it may be that the issue is covered under warranty. I'd follow up with the DME supplier you got this from.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Working with KPs contract support vendor we have apparently resolved my lssue. It appears the issue was due some issue with the heated hose, perhaps not completely engaged in coupling or ?, but replacing the hose with my spare fixed the problem and going back to the original heated hose, it is still working.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am also a Electronics Service and Calibration Technician. I tested the Power Brick PSU with a good DVM an the voltage seem to be correct. However that was off load so I obtained another brand new PSU and alas the same error Message. "Check Power". So it is either a faulty component on a PCB, a damaged Sensor, or a Software/Firmware related fault. Is there either Global Reset to Default Settings command or a way to force a boot up ignoring the Error Message?
Post Reply Post Reply
Steve -
Did you ever get anywhere with this problem?
We’ve got the same thing happening
(‘Check Power’ screen), and replacing the ‘Power Brick’ (!?) and cord didn’t change the situation.
Neil
Post Reply Post Reply
Philips Dreamstation ‘Check Power’ problem
I’m trying to get past a ‘Check Power’ screen on a Dreamstation CPAP.
We’ve replaced the ‘Power Brick’ and cord without correcting the problem: with either power source, the display cycles through a number of set-up screens when plugged in, then reverts to the ‘Check Power’ display and stays there. Shaking the machine doesn’t help.

The ‘Bricks’ have identical model numbers, and are labeled “Manufactured for Respironics Inc.” and “Distributed by: Respironics Inc.” The new unit was ordered from Direct Home Medical.

I ran across the following warning on another forum:

“Read this statement:
"While Respironics DreamStation Series devices operate from 12V direct  
current, the DC port on these devices require a proprietary signal in order 
to recognize a valid power source; therefore, the use of a 12V power  
adapter is required in order for the CPAP Battery to power these devices."”

Can anyone validate that information? Has anyone got a solution to this problem? [Steve: Did you get anywhere with your effort?]
(Philips is unresponsive; DHM says it’s Philip’s problem.)
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, and the solution - if found - will be posted.
Thanks - Neil
Post Reply Post Reply
Dandydog - Your thread has been merged into an existing thread about the same subject.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,815 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,603 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,787 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,031 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,005 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.