Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Phillips Recall - Who is Getting the DS2's First?
Phillips Recall - Who is Getting the DS2's First?
So I have heard that Phillips is sending out about 1,500 DS2's a day.  I know of one person that claimed they had their DS1 for about 5 years and they got a DS2 in the mail last week (unexpected).  It came directly from Phillips.  They indicated they registered their DS1 early on in the recall (I did mine on the first day) but my DS1 is only 2 years old.

Has anyone got a DS2 as part of the recall effort?  If so, how old was yours recalled Phillips device and how long ago did you registered it for the recall?  I am really curious who will get the DS2's first.  I really don't know if I want the DS2 as I have seems some really lukewarm reviews and I may but just as good with my defoamed DS1.  For what it is worth, I saw an article saying that Phillips is starting to pump out repair kits for the DS1 and will up up to 80,000 kits a week by the end of the year.   1,500 DS2's a day (10,500 a week) isn't going to make much a dent in the millions of units out there that need to be replaced but the repair kits have the potential to "help out" a lot more folks.  I am not sure what the plan is for other recalled Phillips CPAP models.  I am curious where the repairs will be done and if folks will have an option to do the repair on their own (well I guess it is always an option as many of us including myself removed the original foam  Grin ).

I didn't see any posts with these questions in it so I figured it was fair game for a new post. Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Phillips Recall - Who is Getting the DS2's First?
I am curious to know how Philips is finding out which addresses to send repair/replacements to. I was only asked for the serial number of the device. I am not based in the US but did purchase from a supplier (#2) from the US. I don't even live at the address I used for shipping.
Post Reply Post Reply
See my post over here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid412599
Post Reply Post Reply
I received my DS2 about 3 weeks ago.  I'd had my original DS for almost a year but registered for the recall on the first day that it was available.  I suspect they're sending out replacements in the order their registrations were received.  I want my old machine back.  The wheeze on inhale with the new machine causes me anxiety because it sounds just like I did when I had pneumonia.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got my DS2 replacement yesterday. It's got a smaller footprint but I'm not keen on the humidifier chamber. Seems it will be a pain to remove it to refill it. Even though I haven't even tried the DS2 my gut says I'd rather have a DS1 that won't harm me than the DS2.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2021, 08:43 AM)MikeE3 Wrote: Got my DS2 replacement yesterday. It's got a smaller footprint but I'm not keen on the humidifier chamber. Seems it will be a pain to remove it to refill it. Even though I haven't even tried the DS2 my gut says I'd rather have a DS1 that won't harm me than the DS2.

Speaking with a repair tech for my distributor, he said that the humidifier chamber is designed to break easily and that insurance doesn't cover it.  I'm strongly in agreement with you that I'd rather have the DS1 with replaced foam than the DS2.  The bright white light in the darkened bedroom isn't great, either.
Post Reply Post Reply
x2 on the DS1 over the DS2. When I first saw the first reviews of the DS2, I had zero interest due to the top mounted display, and especially the lid of the humidifier with those latches that will break. Total disaster design. If they send a DS2, it will go on the shelf, and I will remove the foam out of my DS1.
Post Reply Post Reply
Has anyone received a replacement DS1 bilevel or ASV?
Post Reply Post Reply
From here and on another board, I have gotten the impression that those who have already received the DS2s are those who have not had their machines very long, and that their machines were still under warranty.  My guess is that those who've had their machines longer will probably have their machines fixed rather than replaced.  I have not yet heard of anyone who was asked to send their machine in for repair.  It looks like the wait for repairs will be much longer than for those who will receive replacements.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I received a FedEx tracking # from Philips so I imagine that I have a DS2 on the way. Question is what should I do with it? I've already moved on to Resmed Autoset 10 + AirMini.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,537 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,857 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 182 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 259 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,581 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry [Equipment] MORE PHILLIPS ISSUES srlevine1 3 771 02-01-2024, 12:28 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 286 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.